Saturday, June 18, 2011

Heart to Heart Challenge - Create background paper to use on a Father's Day card






As I mentioned in the previous post, I've been excited about the possibilities of creating my own background paper, and have been experimenting with it this past week. My upline emailed me yesterday to tell me about this week's H2H challenge. You have to create your own background paper and then use to make a Father's Day card.


I had already been kicking around a plan for how to use the 'Something Splendid' stamp set my upline had given me. It's a really pretty set with large flowers where you build the flower by stamping the flower petals, then details, the center of the flower, and also includes some leaves/leaf vein stamps. I used the smallest leave, stamping it in a circle to form the flower/starburst images. Then I used the center of the large flower as the large circle and the center of the small flowers in clusters. It took a couple tries to get the spacing right, but I was really pleased with how this came out. It's pretty abstract but organic at the same time.

I used the paper to make a 5x7 card, accenting it with kraft borders sponged with Garnet (same as the large circles on the paper, also used Garden Green and Desert Sand). The other stamps were from The Works alphabet and the Lucky workshop set.

3 comments:

  1. Random stamping is such a great technique! I like how you built the different images. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam - great card, and such a pretty colour combo! Glad you could join us at H2H this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome random stamping and great card! Thanks for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete