Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Creative Rhythm Layout Using Cherish






I wanted to share with you a recent layout because it shows how adaptable Jeanette Lynton’s how-to books are to whatever your scrapbooking style may be as well as the products you have already invested in.

I talked a little about my scrapbooking style in a previous post, but I should also share that until I learned about CTMH, I was basically a Creative Memories girl. That’s what I ‘cut my teeth’ on in terms of scrapbooking. I have a lot of their products, like them, and regularly use them. I think it’s foolish to believe that one company can meet all your scrapbooking/papercrafting needs. There are so many unique and different products out there and limiting oneself limits your creativity. That said, I do believe that CTMH brings something unique to the scrapbooking world, and the quality of their products is top-notch (or I wouldn't have gotten involved with the company).

Most of this layout uses my stash of CM products. The paper/pages are all CM. But, I used the Creative Rhythm pattern from Cherish (pg 37) to put this layout together, and I really like the results. Now, you can follow the directions in the book to a tee and get a GREAT looking page, no question. But, as I have mentioned in the past, I’m still getting used to the whole idea of patterned paper, and am just more comfortable with solids. This layout calls for three different patterned papers as well as two different colors of cardstock. So, what I did was alter it a little. I used a yellow and brown cardstock and counted the white from the page as a third ‘color’. Some of the paper/cardstock was used sparingly, so I ended up combining some of them to stick with the three color scheme. Then, as a substitute for a patterned paper that was basically cut to resemble a ribbon, I used one of my all-time favorite CTMH products: Kraft Borders. And, to add some pizzazz, I stamped little circles from the Enjoy Life My Acrylix set using chocolate ink.

I’m really happy with how this layout turned out. It demonstrates how functional/adaptable the CTMH line is with whatever products you know and love already, and shows how any one layout can be very simple or more intricate based on your personal style.

CTMH Products Used:
My Acrylix: Typewriter Alphabet, Enjoy Life
Ink Colors: Chocolate
Embellishments: Kraft Borders
Layout: Creative Rhythm, from Cherish

No comments:

Post a Comment