Monday, August 29, 2011

Whoooo wants a Pair-a-Phrase Set


This is the last of the Thank You cards I needed to make for the girls' teachers from last year. They officially moved onto their new classrooms Monday morning. I can't believe how time flies!

Each of the classes in their school has a bird name. Last year Ellie was in the Owls class, so the owl image from the Pair-a-Phrase set was perfect.

This card is a perfect example of how versatile the My Acrylix stamps are. I used three stamp sets, and both the 'FOR' and 'Whoooo you are' stamps are only parts of their original phrases. The 'FOR' actually says 'FOR YOU', and the 'Whoooo you are' (from Pair-a-Phrase) says 'believe in Whooooo you are'. All I did was adhere only the word(s) that I wanted to the bottom of the stamp, and wrapped the remainder around the block. So easy!

How did I color it in? Also easy. I used the oh-so-affordable Blending Pen (3.95), one of my new favorite tools. Just squeeze the front/back of the ink pad together when shut. This leaves a little ink on the inside of the top cover Dip the blending pen into that ink, and transfer it to the image. It takes a little bit of practice, but not much, and so fun to be able to add colors to your images.

Love the owl and just need to have it? Place a $75 order by September 30th, and it's yours, along with the rest of these great images (retail value $35.90) for FREE.



CTMH Supplies Used:
Ink: Chocolate, Honey, Garden Green
Stamps: Pair a Phrase, A little Everything, For Every Occasion
Paper: Cocoa, Lucky (green)
Other: Chocolate grosgrain ribbon, Blending Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment