Friday, November 4, 2011

Family Recipe Book - My Creations Display Album


I've got another holiday gift idea for you today.

Close to My Heart sells something called the My Creations Display Album. This is a cute little stand up album with 6x6" page protectors.

You can easily add paper, photos, and embellishments to make this a desktop calendar, or mini album feature family photos, baby's first year, etc.

Here's another idea. How about a mini recipe book? We all want to make the holidays special for the ones we love. I know I've had to ask my mother-in-law for her Swedish Meatball receipe because Christmas Eve wouldn't be Christmas Eve for Andrew without them. Include all those family/traditional recipes. You can print them up on the computer, or handwrite them.



Since there are page protectors, your receipe cards are protected from splatter/flour/ingredients. What a great gift for a newlywed, a soon to be married couple, or for one of those kids who has just moved out. You can also print up some easy measurement equivalents/substitutions and put them in the back - easy reference for when you're flipping through. (I'm seriously considering making one for myself too!)



This is one recipe book that your kids will want a copy of when they leave home!

CTMH Products Used:
Stamps: Friendship Alphabet Large, Friendship Alphabet Small, Pair a Phrase
Ink: Holiday Red, Topiary
Paper: Chocolate, Holiday Red, Topiary, Bamboo, White Daisy, Believe Level 2 Paper Pack
Other: My Creations Display Album

2 comments:

  1. OHHHHHHHHHH! I love that you have page protectors for this album!! What a great idea to make it into a recipe book! PERFECT protection from splatters! LOVE:)

    Great papers and stamps!! LOVE!!!

    ps...THANK YOU so much for stopping by my blog today! I loved your idea of putting a CD together as a gift with this card! Great idea:) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe book...what an awesome fun idea.. This would be such a great Christmas gift... Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete