Monday, December 26, 2011

The Boppy Layouts and What I got for Christmas

A belated Merry Christmas to all. Hope that you had a wonderful holiday! Ours was busy, but full of fun and family. Friday night we headed downtown to the Smithsonian National Zoo for Zoolights. The whole zoo is decorated/lit up. There's ice skating, a train, and of course animals. The girls had a great time, and we were joined by most of Andrew's family. Saturday we hosted Andrew's entire family for Christmas Eve dinner. There was a ton of good food, lots of kids, a whole lot of chaos, but a lot of fun as well. Sunday was much more subdued. We had a quite family morning, reading the Christmas story, opening stockings/gifts, a nice big breakfast, and lots of playing with toys. My parents and younger sister joined us just before lunch, and stayed until the girls went to bed.

It's been a hectic, at times stressful, loud, and crazy, but a wonderful season. I've even been able to do some scrapbooking. As promised in my last post, here are Carina's Boppy Layouts. This is an idea that I got from my friend Joe who took similar pictures of his girls each month. I wanted to try for weekly, and did this for Ellie too. I have to admit, that for Carina I wasn't as good about it. She was born on a Friday, and a bunch of these that actually got taken on Saturday/Sunday because I would forget on Friday morning. I completely forgot to take a picture Week 40 (more on that below), but I love the progression that these pictures show, not only size, but personality.






Here's a close up of one of the pages:



As for Week 40, I debated what to do, just skip it, show it, but put some text in the box about how I forgot, etc. Andrew came up with the best idea which is to take a picture of the chair with an empty boppy pillow, so that's what I've done...just need to order the print.



For all of you new or expecting parents, this is such a fun way to see your child grow. If weekly is too ambitious, try monthly is. I do think it's nice to get the same background/props so that you can more clearly see the development, but do what works for you.

NOW, onto a completely different topic. Do you want to see what I got for Christmas???? I was COMPLETELY spoiled by Andrew! Here it is:





I LOVE IT!!!!

I wanted an embossing machine, and was really thinking along the lines of a Cuttlebug, but one of my customers had been talking to me about the Vagabond (and Andrew overheard and started doing research on it), and this is what I got. Have I mentioned that I LOVE IT?!

Hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas, and that you're able to do some creating this week!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Creme Brulee, White Daisy
Ink: Garden Green
Stamps: Friendship Alphabet (large and small)

2 comments:

  1. aww how exciting...I got one too... that is so cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute LO with the boppy! My friend just had a baby--and they love the bobby! I love your new machine--so lucky!! Merry CHRISTmas:)

    ReplyDelete