Friday, December 2, 2011

Card Patterns Sketch 143


I just got a little package in the mail from the Sweet Stamp Shop and decided to ink one of the sets, Tree Traditions, up to participate in this week's Card Patterns sketch.

This card ended up being a little more complicated than I intended. I wanted to stretch myself a bit in terms of mixing patterns, but I don't have a lot of patterned paper (since I like to use solids), so I had to improvise.

The pattern for the tree is actually a stamp - it's one of the Christmas trees from CTMH's October Stamp of the Month, Holiday Magic. I stamped it onto a piece of white cardstock, and then stamped the tree from the SSS stamp over top of it and cut it out. I did the same thing for the tires and elements on the front of the truck, using one of the stockings from the CTMH stamp set.

The red pattern for the car comes from the Believe paper pack, and I added some detailing to the car using a while gel pen.

I added a little bit of interest to the blue background by stamping the two smallest snowflakes from Tree Traditions in White Daisy ink (hard to see in the photo). The cardstock that the sentiment is stamped on has some sponging in Heavenly Blue, and then the medium snowflake from Tree Traditions.

A little Twinery twine, a Kraft border, and ta-da. A great way to keep the hands busy while catching up on the DVR after a long work week.

Have a great weekend all!

Supplies Used:
CTMH - Holiday Magic stamp set; Heavenly Blue, Black, White Daisy, Topiary inks; Believe Level II Paper Pack, White Daisy, Sky, Chocolate cardstock, Kraft Borders
SSS - Tree Traditions stamp set
Twinery - Peapod Twine

2 comments:

  1. aww now that is just so cute..love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY!! This is just TOOOOOO cute!! LOVE that tree--great papers!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your entire design! You nailed these images and I'm so glad that you got them before Christmas;) LOVE!!!

    Be sure to link this to the SSS FB page and upload your creations to the FlickR group! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete