Friday, December 23, 2011

September Layouts



So I finally made myself sit down and get back to Carina's first year album. She turned one in September, and I've not given her album the attention it deserves of late. I should probably be cleaning my house for the big get together tomorrow night, but this is more fun.... Here are the September layouts.





I wanted to do something different with the background in this first layout. I created my own background paper (although only on half of the base) by using the center of the blue arrow outlines that I used for journaling (cut using the Cricut Art Philosphy cartridge). I used that center piece as a mask, moving it around the page, changing its orientation and sponging around it. It just adds a little more color, dimension, and interest to the page.



For the second layout I really wanted to focus on color. I must say that this cranberry paper from Creative Memories is my all time favorite red. I just love how vibrant and saturated it is. I used this past July's Stamp of the Month, American Celebration as well as Solos 1 for the stamping.



The photos on the left are from the girls' joint birthday party (their birthdays are only two and a half weeks apart, so we'll do this until they start complaining about it).



The photos on the right are from the little birthday celebration we had for Carina on her actual birthday. She's wearing a little Chinese outfit for a tradition that takes place on a child's first birthday. We put a bunch of stuff on a table that symbolizes different occupations (calculator, sewing kit, crayons, etc.) and whatever they pick up first is an indication of what they will be when they grown up. Carina went for the little maracca, so I guess we have a musicion on our hands.



I'm not quite done with the album. I still need to do the front page as well as the the Boppy layouts (which I've already started). What are the Boppy layouts? You'll see soon (fingers crossed)!

Suplies used
Calendar layout: CTMH - Pacifica, Gypsy, and White Daisy cardstock, Pacifica ink, Cocktail and A A Typeface Alphabet stamps, Cricut Art Philosphy Cartrdige; Creative Memories - Calendar pages.
Second layout: CTMH - Holiday red ink, Creative Memories - Cranberry cardstock and Sunny printed paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment