Sunday, March 11, 2012

Customizable Card using Pemberley Papers



Just popping in to share one of the cards we made at my card workshop last night.

The Pemberley Paper Pack is another one of my favorites from the current idea book. Some really gorgeous patterns and I love the color combinations. This card is very simple, but the addition of some generational stamping, piecing, and personalization makes it special.

The stamp set used is Card Word Puzzle. There are so many different words on it that you can make your card say just about anything, so while I made my card an anniversary card, the workshop attendees each chose different sentiment. Since the card layout is so basic, you can easily pre-make a stack and then depending on your particular needs later on, add the sentiment to suit.

For the sentiment piece, I stamped the flower image in second generation using Desert Sand ink. The leaves were stamped in first generation, and I used both a first and second generation image of the butterfly. Then I stamped a leaf, flower, and butterfly in first generation on another piece of cardstock, cut them out and layered them over the previously stamped images to add some dimension.



These images are great because you could personalize them further using a marker, blending pen, or watercolor pencil to add some more color, but for this card I prefer the basic lined images.

Hope you have a great rest of your weekend....we're still recovering from that lost hour here....

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock: Pemberley Level 2 Paper Pack, Colonial White cardstock
Stamps: Card Word Puzzle
Ink: Outdoor Denim, Desert Sand
Other: Colonial White Card Value Pack

1 comment:

  1. this is so lovely...I love how you stamped your background and what a great color combo...love it...

    ReplyDelete