Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Viva la Verve April - Week 1


I've been wanting to play along with the Viva la Verve for a while now, but I always seem to run out of time, so this month I figured I would get an early start, and hopefully I'll be able to complete each week.

For this card I used Verve's Blue Skies stamp set and papers from Echo Park's Times and Seasons collection. Originally I was going to use two different patterned papers, but I really like how using the same print with the black mats makes the card pop.

The Blue Skies set has some great flourishes. I used one of the medium sized ones around the border of the center circle and a larger one on the backgroud piece. As luck would have it, when I went to assemble the card, the flourishes on the rectangular background piece and the round circle just seemed to line up....I love it when happy coincidences like that occur!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock: Echo Park - Times and Season collection; CTMH - Black and Colonial White cardstock
Stamps: Verve - Blue Skies
Ink: CTMH - Black

5 comments:

  1. You've been busy Mir! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really needed to read this today Miriam! That sentiment is perfect. And The flourishes look fabulous...don't you love it when happy accidents occur? *smile*
    Thank you for the congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I am so loving this amazing card...you always have such beautiful cards...

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER pretty! LOVE that green paper--and the sentiment is perfect for me today! It will get better! <3 HUGS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. luv the color combo & design! beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete