Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fabulous Dahling! SSD #152



This is my last guest post for Skipping Stones Design.  I can't believe how quickly the month has flown by!

This week's retro sketch was designed by Jen Del Muro, and I'm using Birthday Purses again, I just love this set!

Most of the papers I'm using are from Simon Says Stamp's August card kit, which includes a lot of My Mind's Eye Indie Chic.

The focus here is really on that great purse.  I stamped it on that chevron pattern which I used as a base for my piecing.  Then I stamped it twice on black cardstock, once for the sides/top/bottom of the purse and the second time for the straps.  I also stamped on the pink pattern for the bow.



Besides the piecing on the purse this card came together very quickly. 

I want to thank Heather and Katie for giving me the opportunity to guest design this month.  I had a blast, and was especially excited when I saw that the other guest designer for the month was my buddy JJ

Please head over to Skipping Stones Design and play along this week!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Simon Says Stamp August Card Kit (MME Indie Chic papers, and base cardstock); CTMH - Autumn Terracotta and Black cardstock
Stamps:  Skipping Stones Design - Birthday Purses
Ink:  CTMH - Black
Other:  Kuretake - Glue Pen; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; CTMH - Craft Knife; Hydrangea Hippo - Black Trim; EK Success - Black Zig marker (for inking pieced edges)

9 comments:

  1. Love love love this! LOVING the colors and loveeeeeeeeeee the purse!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute card...love that handbag...looks like a coach..hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable card, Miriam. Your paper piecing is so expertly done! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Miriam, love that handbag, it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are working those handbags Miriam! So cute! And your fussy cutting is immaculate! Wowsa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, LOVE Skipping Stones - FAB card Miriam :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card this week, Mariam! The colors and chevrons are just amazing! I'm so glad you joined us this week and month at Skipping Stones Designs!

    ReplyDelete