Wednesday, October 31, 2012

FIVE!



This layout is so pink, but I kind of love it.  I fear I've been officially pinkified by my daughters.

This one is for the Elle's Studio's October Challenge (to use a 4x6 journaling tag for the journaling) and ScrapFit's High Flying Flag workout.

The photos are Ellie's five year photos from JCPenney.  I wanted to document my feelings about where she is at five, as well as recount her recent parent teacher conference, which went really well.  It was so nice to hear from her teacher that she is sweet, kind, a great example, never a problem, etc.  One of the things I worried about when she started public school (and still do) is that she'll change, become a mean girl, become calloused, but it was wonderful to hear that she is still her, and she is doing so well at school.

I again reached for GCD Studio's Sweet Tooth collection, I find myself gravitating towards it so often these days, it's just perfect for girls stuff, and I have a lot of girl photos.

That border in the center of the page is the Elle's Studio doily stamp, and the bottom border is fussy cut from one of the Sweet Tooth papers. 



The title is also Sweet Tooth, cut using the Cricut Artiste cartridge.

I created two washi tape and toothpick flags (one from Target and the other was some blog candy I received that is available at several online washi stores) to go with the Elle's Studio pennant flag.  I also created the little heart over the i with a doubled up piece of washi that was cut freehand.



Hope that you are all doing OK.  We survived the storm with very little trouble.  Monday was just rainy most of the day, didn't get really windy until around dinnertime.  Ellie and I both managed to wear our pajamas ALL DAY....Carina would have too if she wasn't such a huge mess when she eats.   Ellie calls the two of us the  'sweeties', and Andrew and Carina are the 'salties' based on our favorite types of treats.  So periodically she'd look at me and say "The Sweeties are still wearing pajamas!"    Anyway, we did lose power around 9 in the evening, so we just headed to bed early.  Thankfully, my parents never lost power, so we spent most of Tuesday at their place.  Our power came back on around 5, so we were able to come home and sleep in our own beds last night.  Could have been so much worse, and we feel very fortunate as the next neighborhood over is still without power.

Hope you have a great and sugar filled Halloween!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  GCD Studios - Sweet Tooth papers; CTMH - White Daisy cardstock
Stamps:  Elle's Studio Doily stamp
Ink:  Hero Arts - Bubble Gum
Other:  Elle's Studio - Spooky Tales Large Journaling Tags, True Love Pennants, The Sweet Life Tidbits; Toothpicks; Target Washi Tape; Misc Washi Tape; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Xyron 5" Creative Station



6 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS photo, gorgeous layout Miriam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love love those photos, the colors, and loving the little flags!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww pink is a great color...this layout is amazing and so inspiring..super cute photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're ok! I don't think I realized where you lived!

    Adorable LO, sweet pics too. I love the salty/sweet nicknames too. Love family stuff like that!

    And PS-love your new profile pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet and so pretty!
    Love your design and the long journaling!
    You will treasure it for sure!!

    TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your adorable flag is just that ... adorable! Love what you've done here with this layout and those lovely pics! Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapFit!

    ReplyDelete