Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Skipping Stones Design Sketch #149



I'm back with another great sketch from Skipping Stones Design!

Last week I used my very first SSD set for my card.  This week (since it's a retro month and SSD is using some of their old sketches), we are actually using the very first sketch that I played along with at SSD (and the one where I won the stamp set I used last week), by Cristina Kowalczyk.

This time I'm using some of my newer SSD sets:  Pumpkin Seed Sentiments (to create the background pattern on the horizontal strip), and Birthday Purses.

I stamped the purse on some paper from BG's Paper Cottage collection, cut it out, and squeegeed Liquid Glass over it to get that patent leather shine.  It's so shiny I had a really hard time getting a good photo! 




Hope your week is off to a great start!  It's back to work for me.....

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Bazzill Card Shoppe - Licorice Twist; CTMH - White Daisy and Lagoon cardstock; Basic Grey - Paper Cottage 6x6 papers
Stamps:  SSD - Pumpkin Seed Sentiments, Birthday Purses
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; CTMH - Lagoon
Other:  CTMH - Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge; Cutting Knife, Liquid Glass; Tombow Mono Adhesive; Helmar - Zapdots; Michael's - Black Ribbon


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love love love the colors and the sentiment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Miriam! So glad you're joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome design! LOVE teal and coral together...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK! Hooooooooow cute is that purse!!!??? LOVE it with that sentiment! LOVE LOVE LOVE the color combo too!

    Fingers crossed two of my new purses come today!! Now I'm excited! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miriam! This is so sassy and cute! I love the colors you used and your Pumpkin Seeds background is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the contrast of the colors, Miriam! The purse looks FABULOUS to use!The added shine is a great touch,too! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colors Miriam and great combo sentiment and stamp!
    TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your patent leather purse is amazing and so is your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! I love that sentiment paired with the purse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute...i love your color choices and the fun pattern behind the purse...such a cute design...great card Miriam..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! Love the bold colours. So glad you are playing along with us at Skipping Stones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally adorable Miriam! Hey that pattern on your card matches your blog!! So glad to be playing along at SSD with you:)

    ReplyDelete