Sunday, October 7, 2012

World Cardmaking Day Fun - Market Street Stamps Block Party and Ellen Hutson Trend Challenge



Yesterday was World Cardmaking Day, and although I really didn't get a chance to create until the girls went to bed (Andrew had a meet all day and we had all sorts of stuff to do - gym, birthday party, etc.), I actually managed to get a lot done.

I'll be sharing all my creations in the next week or so, but I gotta get this one posted tonight.

I'm using Brenda Weaver's Hit The Mark set (although the 'you' is from another set). 

I wanted to get an ombre effect with the arrows/triangles, there are actually four different Spectrum Noir markers used for the triangles, but it is a lot more subtle than I planned, and really doesn't show well in the photograph at all.



I'm also going to link this up with one of Ellen Hutson's WCMD challenges - using a trendy shape. 

Hope you guys got to do some creating too....I'm still planning to get some things done for all the challenges that are still running.  Thanks for coming by!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Bazzilll Card Shoppe - Robin's Egg; CTMH - White Daisy and Black cardstock
Stamps:  MSS - Hit the Mark; CTMH - A Little Everything
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Other:  Spectrum Noir Markers - CR11, CR8, DR1, PP5, DR5; Tombow Mono Adhesive; CTMH - Dimensional Foam Tape

11 comments:

  1. girl this is amazing...i love the design...great card..

    ok really just how many giveaways do you win a week...you are one lucky lady...that is awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Aqua and red are so cool together. Your design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING the arrows!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Miriam! This is VERY trendy! I love what you did with those arrows!!! Thanks for playing along with MSS Block Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is too cool, Miriam! The colors, the arrows, the popped up heart...it's just sa-weet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS!!! Love the color combo and the design is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM-O, Miriam! Gosh, I just love this to pieces! It's so bold and bright and graphic, and the color palette is simply perfect! Thanks so much for joining this month's Market Street Stamps Block Party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this layout - and your use of the teal in the background really makes the red pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miriam, this is a super cute card! Love your design and color choices. I LOVE what you did with this! Thanks so much for joining us at the Block party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE it, Miriam! Whta a fabulous CAS design that really packs a punch! Just perfect! Thanks so much for joining our party this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! I love the use of the triangles, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete