Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Punky Sprouts - Quick and Easy Holiday Projects



Oh the joys of Blogger!  This post was supposed to go live on Monday....same time as my first post over at Punky Sprouts, but unfortunately didn't, so here it is, a few days late....

Decor is not my usual forte. If you saw the state of my house you would know why....cleaning is a challenge let alone decorating! That said, I was a little nervous about it being my first assignment, but I really like how this turned out.

This mini garland is an easy project that anyone can do. I'm using it to display cards here, but you could use it plain, decorate a small tree, lots of possibilities.



To create the garland, I folded over the wide Lil' Canvas Stems, placed Lil' Canvas Petals between the folded halves about 5 inces apart and stitched it all together.

I lightly sprayed the entire thing with Lindy's Gang Bit o' Bubbley.

The Lil' Canvas Petals are deocrated with crocheted flowers that were also sprayed with Lindy's Gang mists: Cathedral Pines and Rudolph's nose, buttons and Lil' Twiney.



Really simple and easy to do.

I also decided to make an easy ornament. I stamped two of the Lil' Canvas Petals with a large Christmas tree stamp. The canvas absorbs a lot of ink, so I ended up stamping on the petal three times to get the more vibrant color. I cut two small pieces of Lil' Canvas Stems to create the tree trunk, adding the color by pressing the pieces directly onto my stamp pad. Then I glued the pieces together like a sandwich with craft glue in the center, adding some Lil' Twiney in between as well.



As I mentioned, this is a really easy project. You could easily do this with kids.....if you're reluctant to turn them loose on your stamps, try using fabric markers instead. 

Hope these projects give you some ideas for the holidays!

Supplies:
Punky Sprouts - Funky Punky Fiber Pack, Canvas Lil Petals available HERE
Lindy's Stamp Gang - Cathedral Pines, Rudolph's Nose, Bit o Bubbly available HERE
CTMH - Crocheted flowers, kraft buttons, Topiary and Chocolate Inks, Holiday Magic Stamp Set
Other: Sewing machine; Helmar - Craft Glue

4 comments:

  1. That's such a sweet idea. I always just stapled my cards to a piece of wide red ribbon, but this is much more charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a great way to display Holiday cards! Love it! Great job! :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT idea to show your cards!!! This is AWESOME!!!!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Love the canvas and the tree ornament.

    ReplyDelete