Monday, January 14, 2013

Bambo Baby

 

 
 
 
Sorry it's been so quiet around here.  Been a bit swamped, we had some relatives in town over the weekend, a bunch of family/friend activities, and I've been working on DT projects and cards for the PC call.  BUT, I've been itching to do some layouts, so here's my take at the current Pretty Little Studio sketch.  I'm also going to link it up at ScrapFIT since I've got stars in my layout.

This is kind of a companion layout to the one I did for last week's sketch.  I just love the look Carina has....that 'why am I here and what is going on' look.

The pretty houndstooth paper is from Pretty Little Studio's Sand Castle collection.  I used the full size sheet, for the grid, and you guessed it...Slate cardstock.  Pretty Little Studio collections always have some sheets that have the prints on a smaller scale, in quadrants on a full size sheet, so I used the mini pink houndstooth quadrant to cover a Jenni Bowlin star.



One of my goals for this year is to do a better job of incorporating stamping on my layouts.  The stamp set I used is an older CTMH one that came with the Elemental workshop on the go.  The little 'circles' at the top were stamped using that set.  Those are actually half circles.  I stamped them and then used a circle punch to cut them out.  The little plaid stars are also from that stamp set.



Lots of machine stitching on this one too.

Hope that you had a great start to the week!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Pretty Little Studio - Sand Castle collection; CTMH - White Daisy, Slate, and Whisper cardstock.
Stamps:  CTMH - Elemental Workshop on the GO stamp set
Ink:  CTMH - Slate and Tulip ink
Other:  Pretty Little Studio - White Train Tickets Tags; Jenni Bowlin Studio - Chipboard Star; Pu;nky Sprouts - Lil Lacy Blossoms; Elle's Studio - Lil Snippets Tiny Labels; American Crafts - Amy Tangerine White Journal Foam Letter Stickers and Black 01 Precision Pen; CTMH - Bonding Memories Adhesive, Finishing Files; Xyron - 5" Creative Station; Uniball - White Signo Gel Pen; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

18 comments:

  1. your layout are always so awesome.. I love the design and those stars are so cool..love it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this layout with the B&W photos--the pink and grey/sorry SLATE are perfect compliments--soft but with lots of graphic interest. I have those same 1/2 circle stamps--I'll have to dig them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layering! I am so lack of layering skills! You have inspired me, Miriam! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this gorgeous and very soft page.
    I'm also quite taken by your association of embellishments such as the doily and the stars! Gorgeous work Miriam!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet layout using fabulous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the softness of this page, Miriam. The half circles are really fun and the stitching looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, so cute, Miriam! I love your clean and simple scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. always so gorgeous! I love the colors and stitching. Great goal to use more stamping on LO's too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This color palette is pure scrumptiousness, Miriam! LOVE the little half circles and your stitching, too! And the stars are a great finishing touch!

    It's been busy around our place, too. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the title of your page. It's so super sweet. I've missed seeing your fab creations. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this layout Miriam - perfect colour palette and I love those stars too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful!! LOVING the colors, the stars and the banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the reds and gray, Miriam! I assumed the half circles were patterned paper. Super-cute photos : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you included gray into the color combo! Sweet but modern:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your pink with neturals combo !

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful layout. I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete