Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Can you feel the noise?



I've missed the last few Elle's Studio sketches, but I knew exactly which photo I wanted to use when I saw this week's sketch.

This photo just cracks me up every time I see it.  It's from this past Christmas.  When we're at my parent's house for dinner, we usually bathe the girls there before we head home so we can put them straight to bed.  This time, their cousin Collin joined them.  It was SO loud!  Bathrooms in newer houses have those high ceilings and just echo, but boy were they having fun!



I used a fun mish mash of products.  There's some October Afternoon, My Mind's Eye, CTMH, Punky Sprouts, and of course Elle's Studio.  Sometimes it's just fun to surround yourself with a bunch of stuff and see what happens. 

I added some hand drawn lines around the edges.  It's an easy, quick, low-tech way to anchor your page.  There's also a bit of machine stitching on that blue patterned piece.  The title was cut using the Cricut Artiste cartridge.  It's funny because my last layout had no title, and I seem to have over compensated a bit with this giant one.



Hope you are having a great day....half way to the weekend!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  October Afternoon - Farm Girl and Sidewalks papers; CTMH - Colonial White and Outdoor Denim Cardstock
Other:  Elle's Studio - Collected Large Journaling Tag, Collected Cutouts, Handmade Layers Cutouts; Punky Sprouts - Lil' Parchment Blossom; CTMH - Cricut Artiste Cartridge, Antiqued Copper Brads; My Mind's Eye - The Sweetest Thing Label Stickers and Wood & Chip Buttons; Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Zots Dimensional Adhesive; Sewing Machine

17 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeee this!! LOVING that fun photo and FUN title!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I LOVE that title! How perfect for that picture! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute photo! And a great layout for it. Congrats on winning some Verve goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bathtub photos, and this one is particularly cute. The expression on that little ones face is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mix of elements on your page, Miriam, it's so engaging! And the big title ... it's like it's shouting at you ... perfect for the theme!! Super cute photo : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this layout so much Miriam! So much detail and interest, I love how funky it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! Love the papers you used! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i bet it was noisy but they had so much fun.... so totally cute...great layout

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like they are having a blast! Great page with the big title!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Miriam! Love that page and the story behind it!
    How fun! I also really like your choice of colors ;-)
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miriam, your layouts are always so much fun, and you capture those moments that are so fleeting. Look at the joy on their faces!

    A truly great design for this memory. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are just the best kind of pics, Miriam! LOVE! And you've created such a beautiful page to remember it all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout! Such a sweet photo too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your page titles are sooo fun! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great combination of colors/patterns and I love the photo! So cute! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so cute! that's priceless! gorgeous LO!

    ReplyDelete
  17. EXCELLENT !... Great pic and layout !

    ReplyDelete