Monday, February 25, 2013

Guest Blogging for Market Street Stamps (Part 1)



I'm so excited to be guest blogging at Market Street Stamps today!  I've got two cards to share with you today, and I'll have some more projects next month too.

My first card uses the Baby Basics set.  I embossed the little boat on kraft cardstock, colored it using watercolor pencils.  My method was to color it in pretty heavily, and then use my blending pen, dipped in water to smooth/soften the color.  The boat was then fussy cut and adhered to the card base. 

The waves were also colored with the watercolor pencil/blending pen, but more coarsely to add some texture.

My second card uses another sentiment from Baby Basics and as well as those fabulous arrows from the Hit the Mark set.



I lightly created guidelines in pencil before I stamped the arrows.  Pencil is easily erased after stamping, and helps a lot when you want to be precise with your stamping.  I then added color to the background with a foam tool.

I wanted to add some dimension, so I used a craft knife to cut around portions of the large arrow ends and the arrowheads closest to the sentiment.  It takes a little time, but I think it really makes an impact.  The arrowheads were also pieced with a paper from Glitz's Yours Truly collection.





That's all for me today.  As I mentioned, I'll be back with some more MSS projects next month.  Thanks for coming by!

Supplies Used:
Congratulations Card
Paper/Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink - Kraft Cardstock; CTMH - Pacifica cardstock; DCWV - The Green Stack mat stack
Stamps:  Market Street Stamps - Baby Basics
Ink:  Versamark
Other:  CTMH - White embossing powder, Watercolor Pencils (Crystal Blue, Ocean, Grey Wool and Holiday Red); Blending Pen; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; May Arts - Burlap Twine
Thank You Card
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - White Daisy and Black Cardstock; Glitz - Yours Truly
Stamps:  Market Street Stamps - Baby Basics, Hit the Mark
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; CTMH - Sunkiss Yellow, Honey, and Goldrush
Other:  CTMH - Foam tool, craft knife; Kuretake - Glue Pen; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

19 comments:

  1. Great cards, Miriam! LOVE the watercolor on kraft, and congratulations! Can't wait to see more ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam, what a JOY to have you on our blog today! Your cards are fantastic and I'm with Jinny, the watercolor on kraft is awesome!Adore the "Thank you" card as well with those amazing arrows and sponged background. Thank you for allowing us to feature you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are SO super cute! I am head over heels in love with the arrows card!!!! Congratulations on the guest gig! That's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwwwwwwww! These are beautiful! LOVING all the arrows on the second one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both great, Miriam...but that top one...ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congratulations on the guest spot, Miriam! I love both of these. Cool work with all of the arrows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOOOOOOOORAY for your GDT spot!! LOVE these cards--fab dimension on the second one!! And I LOVE that masculine card-- fun boat {love the technique you've used} :) LOVE the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big Congrats on your GDT spot. Love your cards...especially the one with the sailboat. And thank you for your sweet comment today!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, how awesome, Miriam!! LOVE your guest design work over MSS! Congrats, girlie! Just catching up on your blog posts as I was away to the Caribbean for some needed sunshine.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all CONGRATS! Second, wow! These are gorgeous and so inspiring. I love how you used the water color pencils, which makes me want to try. And genius design with the arrows...you can really tell they are 3 D. And I have just pulled out my old blending tool with Distress inks and that background are amazing. So gonna try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, Miriam, congrats on your guest blogging role! Such a great idea to cut out the arrow fletching and pop it up. Also love your shading to really focus on the sentiment (as if the arrows weren't enough direction!!) Great flow on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome, congrats on your guest spot Miriam!! I can see why you were awarded it - these cards are fabulous! Love the arrow details on the second one but I have completely fallen for that cute little boat and all the colouring on the first one - fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. those are awesome! congrats on the GD gig!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Miriam... so happy for your.. your cards are amazing... I left you some love...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, congrats on your guest gig, Miriam! These are wonderful cards. I love the dimension and details on these otherwise clean and simple designs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats...left you some bloggie love over there...awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. BIG CONGRATS to You!
    I love your cards Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well deserved congrats to you my friend! Great cards...I love the rolly waves and deep colors of the first. And the background on the second is just glowing! Awesome desings

    ReplyDelete