Monday, February 4, 2013

Last minute Moxie Fab World entry



I have a last minute entry for the Moxie Fab World challenges today.  I carved this stamp over a week ago, and have been meaning to use it for the create your own stamp challenge, but things have been kind of crazy, and I was only able to get around to using it tonight.

I went super simple and created some mini cards, they are 2 1/2" squares, so this works for the mini card challenge too.  I left them sentiment free so they can easily be tucked into a package/card for any occasion. 

The one on the left uses white embossing powder, the center one is done with white pigment ink, and the one on the right is clear embossed.  I finished the look off with Rubbernecker Stamp's Sketch Block stamp.

Here's a close up of the stamp.


What do you think?  Too simple?  Which effect do you like best?

That's all for me tonight.  Hope your week got off to a good start.  I'm headed to bed.  Carina keeps waking up at 5/5:30.....

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  PTI - Kraft
Stamps:  Rubbernecker stamps - Sketch Box; Handcarved stamp
Ink:  CTMH - White Daisy; Versamark
Other:  CTMH - White and Clear embossing powders, heat tool
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Miriam, LOVE these, LOVE your hand-carved stamp! But I think that's a little unfair for this challenge, you weren't supposed to end up with a professionally stamped image!! Hahaha! Very impressive. Surprisingly I prefer the white-inked version. Usually I love the white embossed, but on kraft I like the matte finish. It's a little more natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I can't believe you carved that stamp, I love mini note cards and have been making them myself. They are a great way to get paper used up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your carving is so perfect Miriam - you definitely have a unique skill there! Awesome little trio of cards, great that you managed to kill two challenges with one idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty Miriam...love the white on kraft..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of these cards! Beautiful, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This definitely rocks for "Make your Own Stamp" challenge! AWESOME skills you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Miriam! Thanks for linking this up to the Stamp with a Homemade Stamp Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all 3, but I've always been partial to clear embossing on kraft :) Kudos to you on making your own stamps too...this one is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Miriam! Thanks also for linking this up to the Make an Itty Bitty Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have to say that my favorites are the one to the left and the one to the right.
    I really like them and i think they look very artsy.
    I could totally see them being sold at Anthropologie for instance ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. duh...I forgot to say that your stamp ROCKED!!!!

    ReplyDelete