Monday, February 11, 2013

My Artiste

 
 
I pulled out my Everyday Eclectic collection the other day to scrap some photos of Ellie from this past summer.  The colors in this collection are perfect for summer.  Ellie's hair had gotten pretty long, and she just looked like a big kid coloring on the driveway at her grandparents....I had a moment where I felt like I had a glimpse of what she'd look like in ten years.

This was a really easy layout to put together.  I created a basic four quadrant grid using 5" x 5" squares of the collection papers.  Even if you're not going to use those quadrants to center your pictures, this can anchor your page.  Then I added my photos on top, kind of a grid over a grid. 

I added a little fussy cutting using the papers in the top left and bottom right quadrants, to extend the patterns past the grid that I created and add a little dimension too. 



Then a few easy embellishments, the sticker at the bottom is from the Everyday Eclectic collection, and the two elements in the upper right quadrant are from Pink Paislee's Porfolio collection.  And that's it.  I love it when layouts come together this quickly!

I hope that you had a great weekend, ours was busy, not much time for crafting, but I'm planning to fix that tonight.

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Echo Park - Everyday Eclectic collection; CTMH - White Daisy cardstock
Ink:  CTMH - Black (for edging)
Other:  Echo Park - Everyday Eclectic collection stickers; Pink Paislee - Portfolio Ephemera; American Crafts - Dear Lizzy Puffy Letter Stickers - Berry; CTMH - Dimensional Foam Tape; Tombow - Mono Adhesive



18 comments:

  1. That is one awesome layout Miriam! I love that paper collection and you've used it so well here. So bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pics match this collections brilliantly, Miriam! So sweet! I just love those captured everyday moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet page! Love all of the brightly colored papers! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout, Miriam. Great how you broke up your vertical lines with intersections of tags and circular images. Such a cutie-patooty you have there. She will be gorgeous just like her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo sweet! Love the photos, love the colors of your layout...everything is lovely, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What perfect patterned papers to go with those sweet, sweet photos! Great layout, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Miriam! Everything is just perfect with your sweet photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love this Miriam! Your scrapbooking is always so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pics and the stamping underneath, so cte!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love it! That 5x5 block design is awesome to have tucked away in my arsenal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooooooo sweet! LOVING the photos, the colors and the hexagons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute pictures! Both those collections have such nice colors combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Indeed, such perfect papers for a summer layout! Thanks for sharing your how-to. One of these days you will get me scrapping again!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miriam, I just LOVE this layout...fab colors and I adore the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute LO. just love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome layout! love the colors and hexagons...they accentuate the shapes she's drawn on the driveway perfectly! good eye mom :)

    ReplyDelete