Friday, May 24, 2013

Artful Delight Friday - Thanks a Bunch!


Hey everyone!  I've got another Artful Delight card to share with you today.  I was inspired by my friend Brenda's card in creating this one.

This is a great way to use up scraps, you really don't need much of any of the patterned papers.  Each of the pennant pieces is 1/2" wide, with varying lengths.  I used the corner of a square punch to create the pennant shape....they are by no means perfectly centered, but they really don't need to be for this kind of card.  I thought about stamping the sentiment on one of the patterned papers, but I like the contrast of the white strip.


The strips were tacked into place with some Tombow adhesive and then stitched onto the card on the left side.  A bit of twine and button from the kit finish it off.

That's all for today.  I'm really enjoying this kit.  I'll have one more card to share next week as well as a recap of all my May Artful Delight posts.  TGIF!

Supplies Used:  Artful Delight May Card Kit; CTMH - Juniper Ink; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Sewing Machine

19 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the pennants!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of patterned paper scraps! I love this idea, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute card Miriam... love how you added all the flags.. great way to use up those scraps..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok you just inspired me like crazy. I have to try. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Miriam! Such a great design and mix of patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty design with all of those layered banners, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the layering here Miriam! Totally worth the effort, this card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love all those banners...in such pretty colors together!!! Beautiful! I always appreciate your comments, Miriam...thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really hit this one out of the park, friend! I'm so impressed. Love your style, girl. You're use of colors and patterns is soft and wonderful. Great card! :-) -B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card Girlfriend!
    Yummy layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so right about this being such a great way to use up those scraps! LOVE the soft pastels, too! TFS, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great deign Miriam! Great way to use scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing!!! You never cease to surprise me with your awesome creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohhh, love, love, love this! I wanna remember this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this....may be CASE-ing it in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. so pretty! i love the sentiment on the lone white strip. so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic way to use scraps! Love they way you have them all arranged ... and the sentiment on the white is really effective. So many different uses for this design!

    ReplyDelete