Monday, May 6, 2013

Dear Carina


This is the first of my National Scrapbooking Day layouts.  I created it for a bunch of challenges:
- Big Picture Classes Challenge #5 - Create a layout about someone/something you love
- Echo Park Paper Challenge #2 - Layout of Love
- Creating Keepsakes - Use 10 or more embellishments
- Shimelle - Journaling in a Letter Format

I'm mostly using Echo Park's This and That collection, and I thought I would create a layout to hold a love letter for Carina.  I've been supremely bad about journaling for Carina since she turned one, which was oh, about a year and a half ago.  So I used one of my favorite photos of her from last summer and wrote her a little note about the things that I love about her and tucked it into that cute little Maya Road envelope.


And here's the list of embellishments that I used (10 plus one for extra measure):
1) October Afternoon Woodland Park Washi
2) Neat & Tangled Gold Sequins (I added some of these to the closure of the envelope to dress it up a bit too)
3) Maya Road Kraft Envelope
4) The Twinery - Gold Shimmer Twine
5) Echo Park This & That Chipboard Accents
6) Echo Park This & That Decorative Brads
7) October Afternoon Holiday Style Flower Sack flower
8) October Afternoon Woodland Park Tidbits
9) Webster's Pages Girl Land Mini Messages Sentiment Stickers
10) Amy Tangerine Muse Thickers
11) Machine Stitching

This was one of those layouts that I fussed with a bit more and took a bit more time with, but I'm so happy I did.  It was a labor of love, I'm so glad that I took the time to do this one!

14 comments:

  1. Soooooooo precious! LOVING that photo and the envelope!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super sweet idea. Also popping over to say congrats on your LilyBee win, you lucky girl :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so pretty and polished Miriam!
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious layout....truly a treasure. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHH! I love that that you created this LO for so many challenges/reasons! I wish I had what it takes to make a page...and then enter it in a challenge;) LOL! YOU ROCK!

    LOVE the envelope and those little cluster of brads-- love the papers!! She will love reading your love letter when she is older!!!! Great page <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORABLE layout, Miriam!! Love the design and use of embellishments! I also adore that title--so perfect!! Carina is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, she'll absolutely treasure that little note one day, Miriam! So, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This page is a treasure, Miriam. Not only is it so pretty, but how fun will it be to go back to that letter over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous layout, Miriam! I love the blue background and all of the embellishments your included! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this...so beautiful and striking! Love how you used the tape on either side. And congrats on your win over on Lily Bee! I think these newest collections are my favorite. Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww...so sweet! Love the pretty envelope for that letter! Beautiful...and she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this beautiful creation. Adding the envelope is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous layout! That lacy, girly envelope is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet, pretty layout! I'm sure Carina is going to love looking at this and reading the note when she is older. :-)

    ReplyDelete