Sunday, May 12, 2013

Tuesday Trigger - For You


I'm sliding in my Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger card under the wire.  When I saw the inspiration photo I knew I wanted to play along because I have a thing for petits fours....I eat them, in large quantities, and I greatly enjoy doing so.

I actually started this card a couple weeks ago, but then realized that it was a three weeker....so here I am linking up on the last day.....I'm a bit of a procrastinator, no?

A pretty simple card.  I used Clear and Simple Stamps' Rounded Squares Quad to cut the windows in the woodgrain cardstock.  Then I laid that piece on top of the card base and traced around the openings with a pencil.  This gave me kind of a template to use in adding the pink ink to the card base.  I used hero Arts Bubble Gum ink with a blending tool.


The woodgrain paper was adhered with dimensional foam tape, and then sequins were added to emulate the flowers on the petits fours.

The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms, stamped in Slate ink on vellum and then adhered to the card.

Hope you guys are enjoying your Mother's Days.  We went to church this morning, to dim sum for lunch, and later, we're going to go get some free Mother's Day froyo.

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - White Daisy; LCI Paper - Limba Cardstock; Recollections - White Vellum
Stamps:  Scrappy Moms - Mini Messages
Ink:  Hero Arts - Bubble Gum; CTMH - Slate
Other:  CTMH - Dimensional Foam Tape, Liquid Glass; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Neat & Tangled - Clear and Silver Sequins

16 comments:

  1. Sooooo beauitful!! LOVING the colors and the sequins!! Happy Mama's Day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You have such nice creative touch to your lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet and beautiful! LOVE your design!
    Hope you've had a wonderful week-end, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miriam I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your take on the Trigger! This is gorgeous!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Miriam, and such a great take on the inspiration photo. I'm so happy to see those sequins...I bought some, but need to actually USE them now. LOL

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty and dainty and elegant! I hope you had an awesome Mother's Day! I saw on FB that C gifted you with the ability to get out of her crib. Sweet little thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow wee Miriam this is absolutely stunning.. i love it..

    Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very simple-looking and elegant. I especially love the softness you achieved with the ink in the squares. And the "flowers" are really clever, too. :-) -B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Miriam! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The inking is perfect...I love the sequins too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving that blended pink and the little sequin toppers! Good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete