Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Verve May Diva Dare


It's been quiet over here.  I'm working away on some projects that I can't share yet, and I'm recovering from scrapbooking overload associated with NSD, but I thought I would play along with this month's Verve Diva Dare.

This month the dare pays tribute to Amber Hight and Laurie Willson.  The challenge is to combine stars and stripes, and if you are up to it (although not required), create a CAS card.


I pulled out my Little Star Plain Jane, as well as some Fancy Pants Country Boutique papers (these came in the Simon Says Stamp October 2012 Card Kit).  A really quick and easy card to put together.  Those Studio Calico wood veneer stars were the perfect size to incorporate into the sentiment.

What do you think?  You still have over a week to get in on the action, so head over to Verve and check it out!  Hope your week is going well!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Fancy Pants Designs - Country Boutique 6x6 pad exclusive to Simon Says Stamp October 2012 Card Kit; CTMH - White Daisy and Champagne cardstock
Stamps:  Verve - Little Star Plain Jane
Ink:  CTMH - Desert Sand
Other:  Jenni Bowlin Studios - Star Chipboard; Freckled Fawn - Doily; Studio Calico - Wood Veneer Stars; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; CTMH - Bonding Memories Adhesive and Liquid Glass; Sewing Machine

17 comments:

  1. What a sweet, sweet card!!! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word Miriam I love this.. really such a sweet card..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like ow ou used the stars! Great job Pratner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful design, Miriam!!! What a unique way to incorporate the stars! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design & sentiment! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet card, Miriam. So pretty with the doily as a backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving those clusters of stars Miriam - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is lovely, Miriam! I love those little stars around the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miriam this is gorgeous! I want those little stars!!!! Adding them onto my wish list for next month! :) Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the big star and the stripes in the BG. Darling veneer stars too~! Thanks for joining us for this months Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous! Love the Big star and then little stars around the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh!! What a darling card and I just love that cute sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. darlin, luv the large star...so glad you took the Verve Diva Dare!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo! I love the way the veneer stars make up part of that sentiment circle! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! The veneer stars and the doily...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeeek! I jus tlove how you used the wood stars. Such a perfectly sweet card.

    ReplyDelete