Friday, May 3, 2013

You Are Lovely - First Artful Delight Post


Hey everyone!  I'm excited to be posting my first card for Artful Delight today.

The May kits are really pretty, lots of soft sweet papers, but also bright pops of color.  For my first card, I went with the soft/sweet side of things.

I'm using this month's card sketch today:


I turned the sketch sideways, and chose to use one of the Amy Tangerine papers for the base.  It has a misted look to it, so I added some mist using the Mister Huey's spray that came with the kit.

For the flower elements, I cut out the center/lens of the cameras from another of the Yes Please papers.  Normally I would feel a little wrong about cutting up that fun paper, but the good news is that you get four pieces in the kit, so I was able to convince myself to sacrifice a set of cameras.  To add a bit of texture/interest I added Liquid Glass to the hearts.  The fussy cut pieces were adhere to 1" circles from the reverse side of the camera paper.



The sentiment is a Yes Please rub on.  It actually says 'aren't you lovely', but I altered it a bit.  Rub ons are so easy to change up!

That's all for today.  I'll be back next Friday with another Artful Delight project.  And don't forget, if you play along with the sketch this month, you'll be in the running to win the May kit of your choice!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies Used:  Artful Delight May card Kit; CTMH - Liquid Glass; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Xyron - 1 1/2" Sticker Maker

21 comments:

  1. Love love love love this!! Those hearts are fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So SWEET! LOVE those little targets, and the Glossy Accents is such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you for cutting the cameras ... this is still soooo hard for me to do : ) Love how you altered the rub-on too, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so pretty, Miriam! I love all of the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I love how you used the PP cameras for the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card Miriam!
    Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally awesome.. I seen your post on the delight blog.. you go girl.. so excited for you.. love your card..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightfully artful indeed!! Love your misting, colour combo, and those circled hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you stamped the circled hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Love your card and the fact that you cut up that paper to create this is so clever! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so.very.lovely! Love the colors and use of splatter, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OHHHH! So pretty! LOVE the misting and the way you changed the rub-on!! FAB idea:) I really need to get mine out! YOU ROCK:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great balance with the misting and the circle images. The glassy hearts are a great addition. Sweetly done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep, this is just plain awesome. Great use of the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. GORGEOUS card Miriam - LOVE all those hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Miriam! I love the hearts..and the perfectly random misting!

    ReplyDelete