Sunday, June 16, 2013

Another first

 

Just popping in to share my first publication with Paper Crafts!

This card was for the Wonder of Watercolor section, and appears in the digital version of the magazine. 

I spent many many months submitting to PC before finally getting my first acceptance at the end of January....definitely delayed gratification! 

If getting published is a dream of yours, keep trying!  It's hard to find that right combination of elements/particular style that PC is looking for.  I'm still learning, and I definitely don't always get it right (see these cards that I submitted for the same topic here and here).  But keep your chin up - if you work hard it will happen.  And just because a card doesn't get accepted doesn't mean they don't like it, just might not be right for that particular topic/challenge (I just had a previously rejected card accepted in the last call).

Have a great Father's Day and end to your weekend!


16 comments:

  1. Wooooooooo hoooooooooooo! CONGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Miriam, on your first publication! I'm sure it is the first of many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so Beautiful Miriam! BIG congrats on this pub too!!! Know we'll be seeing many more in the future!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous and so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how excited! I squeed for you when I saw it in the mag! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome...super major congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!!! So excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Love your card... so glad you are submitting and getting published. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS Miriam! I love your heart card <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, my dear! I just today got a check for my first publication in PaperCrafts, but I haven't been submitting much to them. It's so hard to always make sure everything is brand spankin' new, and I don't think they appreciate my style. The two cards they did pick up I don't even like. I'd much rather just do what makes me happy ;). So thrilled for you, love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, this is a lovely card, love the colors !

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOOOOOOORAY!! What a fab card-- congrats! And here's to many more publications!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS!! I have just started to submit and I have been playing along on the Moxie Fab World Blog Challenges for some time now, but realize that the style I am srawn too is not the style that is popular in the PC magazine!! I will keep trying though and I am SO EXCITED for you!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY, MIRIAM!!! Way to go! I've had a couple rejected cards get picked up recently, so I sort my cards now. Ones that haven't been sent at all, ones that have already been rejected once, and ones that have been rejected twice (this section waits until something fits a challenge and then it goes on my blog, not back to Paper Crafts).

    ReplyDelete
  15. woohoo!!! congrats on your pub(s)!!! love this design

    ReplyDelete