Saturday, June 15, 2013

Tool Cool


Popping in to share my Father-in-law's Father's Day card.  He's a very handy guy (I make lists of things that need to be fixed when they come to visit), so I think he'll really like this.

I used an oval cutting template to trace a curve on my cardstock, and then used that as a guide for stamping the screwdriver and wrench images.

The sentiment actually has an exclamation point at the end so that it stands alone, but I thought it would be fun to add the thickers to create a new sentiment. 

Pretty simple, although you wouldn't know it since I managed to stamp it about five times to get everything nice and straight and lined up.

Hope your weekend is going well.  June has been a whirlwind month around here, and I was a bit under the weather at the beginning of the week, so I feel like I am WAY behind.  The good news is that we are ready for Father's Day and my sister is in town this weekend, so we are getting a date night to boot!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - White Daisy and Black cardstock
Stamps:  Jane's Doodles - It's a Guy Thing
Ink:  CTMH - Slate; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Other:  American Crafts - Doll Flocked Thickers; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

6 comments:

  1. Love the sentiment, and the rows of manly tools is just...words fail me. Sorry it took you 5 tries, but full marks for perseverance and awesome-sauce-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever & cute! He will love it! Thanks for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic way to use those tools! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous card, Miriam! I love that curve, and those tools! Glad you're feeling better, and hope you had a great date night. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete