Saturday, December 7, 2013

Joy for WPlus9 Mood Board


There's so much going on I haven't been able to play along in as many challenges as I'd like to these days, but I had a little extra time last night and decided to throw together a card for the current WPlus9 mood board.

I was inspired by the colors, the season, and the woodgrain (I would have inserted the mood board photo here, but we just got a mac, and I can't figure out how to save an image from a website to my desktop right now.....I miss the right click button!!!).  

For this card, I used the velveteen technique, stamping my large Hero Arts woodgrain background in white pigment ink onto white cardstock.  


Then I used one of the leaf stamps from Fresh Cut Florals to create a wreath (I traced a small circle onto the card to use as a guide).  I used the large berries from the Spring Tags set to decorate the wreath and stamped JOY using the smaller set of letters from the Monogrammed set.

Really simple and easy.

Hope that your weekend is going well!  We are doing our best to relax and enjoy this special season!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - White Daisy; PTI - Kraft cardstock
Stamps:  WPlus9 - Fresh Cut Florals, Spring Tags, Monogrammed; Hero Arts - Woodgrain Background
Ink:  CTMH - White Daisy; Cranberry; Hero Arts - Field Greens Shadow Ink
Other:  Lawn Fawn - Peppermint Lawn Trimmings; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

15 comments:

  1. That is the neatest technique, I am glad you shared how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Miriam! Love the great look of that wreath on the embossed paper...such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply lovely Miriam! I love the woodgrain, and the simple wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Miriam! This technique is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Love the white woodgrain!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I want to do something similar for DD.

    I had withdrawals with my Mac. I think it is control and then click on the image and you will see the options. If not control try those other keys by it. Not at mine and don't think when I do it any more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, that white pigment is always so magical with solid image stamps! Love it with your wreath here!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so beautiful! I love the subtle woodgrain pattern! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! It's so simple, but includes so many elegant details. Cool woodgrain pattern. By the way - I like your new profile picture too. Who took it for you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card!! Love the wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PERFECT! such a great and clever idea and so brilliantly executed! Bravo Miriam.
    BTW, very easy to save a picture on a Mac. Just drag the image you want to save onto your desktop and it'll be there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OHHHHH! Beautiful project-- AMAMAMAMAZING design and detail! LOVE this, Miriam! And that white on white-- totally inspires me! I really need to remember this! YOU ROCK!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL!! I love the white embossed background. It's so subtle yet so sophisticated! Thanks so much for making my blog life a super special one! I can't thank you enough for your wonderful support, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in love with the sage green color of the wreath--so different!--and the woodgrain showing through. Gorgeous! Patricia Roebuck's comment will help you with "right click withdrawals" and sometimes I just drag the image into iPhoto and it's there!

    ReplyDelete