Monday, February 17, 2014

What's Shakin' Bacon?



I made this card last night, but didn't end up posting it in time for the Paper Smooches birthday challenge because I was too busy gabbing and crafting with my buddies JJ, Tessa, and Nina.  Luckily, it's Anything Goes week at SPARKS, so all is not lost!

I thought I would combine some of my favorite things:  shaker cards and bacon.  I mean, bacon makes everything better, right?

The great thing about crafting with friends is that you get to use their stuff, and this card is chock full of other people's stuff.  I used the Lawn Fawn card die along with a Reverse confetti tag to create the shaker itself.  The bacon was colored with copics, and there's a good helping of sequins in there too.

I created the sentiment using the Alphadot stamp set, and added a little frame of white cardstock to finish up the card.

OK, that's all for today.  I gotta get some extra sleep tonight since I was up waaaay too late with the girls yesterday!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Avery Elle - White Cardstock; sorry I don't remember what patterned paper this was
Stamps:  Paper Smooches - Wake Up, Alphadot
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; Ranger - Antique Linen Distress Ink
Other:  Lawn Fawn - Stitched Journaling Card Die; Reverse Confetti - Tag Me Confetti Cuts; Avery Elle - Berry Blend and Kraft Blend Sequins; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Adhesive Foam Squares (not sure which brand this was)

12 comments:

  1. Crack me up! Bacon and sequins...a new favorite pair!!! Love your sentiment too...so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! How CREATIVE and FUN is this bacon shaker card!! LOVE it so much, Miriam! This totally rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bacon in a shaker card! crafting with the ladies brought out the genius in you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute and oh-so-clever, Miriam! Love the bits with the bacon in the shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get out!! A BACON shaker card!!! This is just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome!! What a fabulously executed idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got to craft with friends. And jealous you got to craft with Nina. And this is another genius card. So adorable and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seriously love how clever this is, and it's so well put together, coloured and just plain fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Too funny! What a unique take on the shaker trend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO glad this card was featured at PS! Seriously cool! I love the sentiment and your bacon strip shaker!

    ReplyDelete