Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thinking of You



Sharing another card I created a few weekends ago while crafty at my friend JJ's house.  It's so fun to get to play with other people's stuff!

This was me working with the Peerless watercolors again.  I have to say that I like them, they are nice and compact and would be perfect for a travel kit, but overall I prefer my Inktense pencils.  I think it's easier to pick up the color from them and you get a much brighter, dare I say intense, color right off the bat without having to layer color.  I do like the fact that there are so many different Peerless colors though.

Anyway those flowers are from a Stampin' Up set that my friend Tessa brought.  I thought they would be perfect for watercoloring and stamped them with Smokey Grey Versafine.  The sentiment is from the set in SC's Clarabelle Card Kit Add-On.

I cut the paper on an angle and added a couple pieces of vellum to soften things up.  The vellum pieces were adhered directly to the card while the stamped panel was popped up.

Hope that you are having a great week.  Don't forget to join in the Stop and Go Blog Hop (just scroll down), someone is going to win a free stamp set!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Avery Elle - White and Fog Cardstock; Recollections - Vellum
Stamps:  SU - So Very Grateful; SC - Clarabelle Card Kit Add On Exclusive
Ink:  Versafine Smokey Grey
Other:  Peerless Watercolors; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; SU - Dimensional Foam Adhesive

16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is gorgeous.. love those flowers and how you added the vellum..

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOOOOOOO pretty! LOVE the vellum and gray--- love the flowers! LOVE it all (as always!)!!! YOU ROCK <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Beautiful!! I love how you layered the vellum and card stock!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Miriam! The vellum is WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, lovely colors !! Lucky you to enjoy some crafty goodness with friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card! Must be so fun to craft with JJ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miriam, I love LOVE that EVERY time you do something just a little different and unexpected. The tilted panel is trendy now, but your addition of vellum tilted at slightly different angles really breaks up the hard line and corner nicely. Great idea!! And I also enjoy all the different shades of color in your flowers. Gives them more depth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun evening. You've produced something gorgeous from it. Love how it's on gray- which is so much softer- such subtle and lovely shading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet...love the added layers of vellum, such a nice touch! How fun that you and JJ get to craft together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card, Miriam! I love the angles and the coloring on the flowers. So soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I love the vellum overlay and water coloring. Never tried Peerless before but now I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete