Friday, May 30, 2014

Golden Hello and Good News!



Hey everyone!  Thought I would just pop in quickly to share a card a made a while back for a call that didn't get picked up....can you guess the theme?

It was gold!

I started by embossing my cardstcok using that great Maggie Holmes Doily folder, and then I added gold accents with my Delicata ink pad.

The hello was cut with gold foil cardstock.

I wanted to use some gold ribbon, but couldn't find anything that matched, so I just cut a strip of cardstock and used my ink pad to color it.

Then I added some clear sequins layered with gold sequins.  I'm going to link this up over at Simon Says Stamp since it's Anything Goes week.



And I mentioned good news, right?  Well, I found out this morning that I made the Gallery Idol cut and am through to the next round.  Thanks so much to everyone who voted!  I've already started brainstorming for the next challenge - stencils!

Come back Monday to see what I created and have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Avery Elle - Whipped Cream; LCI - Bubinga Woodgrain Paper
Ink:  Tsukineko - Delicata Gold Ink
Other:  Mama Elephant - Hello Script Creative Cut; Crate Paper - Styleboard Doilies Embossing Folder; Large clear and gold sequins; Tombow - Mono and Multi Mono Adhesive

25 comments:

  1. yay congratulations.. i can't wait to see what else you create.. your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lavish!
    I have that embossing folder too. It's my favorite. <3
    Looks awesome with the gold. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!! Exciting. And good luck!

    Gorgeous card! Loving the gold and the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY DANCING with you!! GOLDEN GOODNESS on your card today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Miriam, with ur amazing creativity you sure will go to the top in Gallery idol, Good luck, can't wait to see ur next creation :) The gold card is totally gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! I knew you would make it!! Good luck with the next round!! I'm rooting for you!!! (in between precal and biology!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful golden goodness! Congrats on making it to the next Idol round!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card and congrats on your happy news!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good news, indeed! Sending you mental mojo for your crafting this weekend... Also, love the embossed doilies on this card--I'll have to try that with some doily cutting dies I have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous! It should have been published!
    It's absolutely perfect!!
    (I'm visiting my favorite blogs as the Hawks are playing, too intense!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the gold sentiment! The background looks awesome, too! (I got lucky on this call with gold!)I can't wait to see what you create for the next round! You rock the stencils, so I am sure it will be amazing! Good luck , Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...this is one gorgeous card! I love all the beautiful gold.

    ReplyDelete
  13. gotta love all that gold!
    What a fun Birthday weekend for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this and all that gold! And Congrats, on moving forward! Can't wait to see your next creation! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on moving forward in Gallery Idol! Looking forward to seeing your stencil creation! You sure know how to make doilies look non-frumpy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing card! Love this gold look.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so happy for you...moving forward with the Gallery Idol thing is EPIC...so much deserved.

    This card is lovely, and I didn't even know there WAS a doily folder...thanks for the enabling. HA~

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a wonderful work Miriam !!! I admire all the details.... and this "gold look" is really perfect ! Sunny greatings from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love love love gold! This is pure gold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was so excited to see your name on the list, Miriam! Good luck in the next round. Loving this card. You really rocked the gold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow... Congratulations on making the Gallery Idol, Miriam!
    I love your elegant card with this beautiful gold color. The doily pattern on the background and the sentiment are fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card, love the doilies and the the gold lettering is a perfect finish.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, this is stunning! Those embossed dillies are brilliant! May

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I'm so in love with this folder! It keeps popping up all over the place, and the gold hello is so regal! Gorgeous! And you just keep wowing them, my friend! You rock!

    ReplyDelete