Monday, September 15, 2014

Waffle Flower Crafts August/September Challenge Part Two



Happy Monday!

I'm sharing my second card for Waffle Flower Crafts August/September Challenge today.  There's a technique challenge and a sketch that you can play along with.  Since I tackled the sketch last month, I thought I would try out the technique this month.





I decided to use my Starry Night set to create a sky scene, and while I kept my color scheme very basic, I mixed it up with a variety of products to add interest.





I first stamped the clouds using WPlus9 white pigment ink.  The WPlus9 ink is really good, but for this card I didn't want a really good stamping, so when I applied the ink, I swiped my ink pad across the stamp.  This doesn't fully ink the stamp and also adds some texture.

Then I added the stars.  I used Perfect Pearls for the stars, I really love the sparkle/shine you get from them, but also that it's flush to the cardstock.  

The moon was stamped on a scrap piece of blue cardstock, embossed in silver and fussy cut.  I wanted a more finished look to the edges (no cardstock showing), so I inked the edges with Versamark and embossed them.



I wanted to amp it up a bit so I added some translucent sequins and some silver ribbon that's been in my stash for a while.

OK, now it's your turn!  There are THREE chances to win, a winner in each category will be picked as well as a random winner from all entries.  Here are the details:

  • Use at least one of Waffle Flower Crafts products on each entry. List the product name in your blog post. If you use an online gallery (Flickr for example), list the name in the description. This is especially important when you used a product in a clever way that might not be obvious to people. Our team will be looking for them but please help make it easier for them.
  • Enter as many times as you want. If you have a blog, please include the graphic of the category you are entering in and link to the challenge post. This is to help your readers and crafty friends to find us and join the fun!
  • Combine up to 3 other challenges if you want.
Can't wait to see what you make!


Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Avery Elle - Sapphire and Silver Fox cardstock
Stamps:  Avery Elle - Starry Night
Ink:  Versamark; WPlus9 - White Pigment Ink; Ranger - Perfect Medium
Other:  Ranger - Perfect Pearls Perfect Pearl; Neat & Tangled - Translucent sequins; Hydrangea Hippo - Silver Trim; CTMH - Liquid Glass; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; American Crafts - Foam Adhesive

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING that moon and the sequins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun and awesome!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow your card is gorgeous.. love the embossing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! Love all the different elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossed silver moon over blue sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the blue and silver combo, Miriam! Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! This looks amazing!! I just love how you've done your background here!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Fabulous idea and your card is so whimsical...it really is like a dream!
    Thanks Miriam!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Gorgeous card! Love your starry night background with some textured clouds. May

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miriam this is so fun, love the scene you built and all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miriam, another sign that you are the queen of details ... you embossed the edges of your moon. I LOVE THAT. Great scene that you built, wispy clouds and all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is A-maz-ing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely gorgeous, Miriam! I love how subtly you used the cloud stamp, which by the way, I had no idea was a cloud stamp, ha! I thought it was kind of a watercolor stroke. Thanks for the enlightnening ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, gorgeous inking! I adore the background and your choice of elements (ribbons and sequins)! This card definitely takes me to the moon (love that fully silver-embossed moon) ...and back :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing! Love it all. The moon is so clever & striking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a dreamily wonderful card. I love that sentiment with the silvery shimmer and thanks for sharing about the WPlus9 ink - I'd never have guessed you use white! Off to check out my LSS and see if they stock it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My Goodness!! This is incredibly amazing. Love Love Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning! I love the colors and the amazing texture. I also feel that it has a lot of movement which is amazing for a card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love the moon. looks like a nice medallion or wax seal. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am uber impressed with what you have done here!! Good for you - amazing card!!

    ReplyDelete