Saturday, February 21, 2015

Bloom Where You Are Planted for Waffle Flower Crafts Challenge



I haven't been posting much on weekends of late, but I needed to pop in to share this card I made during my little crafty get together on Monday for the current Waffle Flower Crafts Challenge.

Here's the inspiration photo:



I was extremely uncreative in my incorporation of the colors, but I do like the effect of the color blocked panel in the back.

Then it was just a matter of stamping/coloring/fussy cutting.  The image is from the Potted stamp set, and the sentiment is from the Planted stamp set.  The fussy cutting on this one took a little time because of all the details, but I think it's worth it.

OK, back to the salt mines.  My night of freedom has been postponed to next weekend since the Daddy Daughter Dinner Dance (or the Dinner Daughter Dance as Carina is referring to it) was postponed because of snow, but I'm hoping to get some crafting done this evening anyway.

21 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Miriam! Love your background! And thanks for playing with us at Waffle Flower Crafts Challenge! ;) Sorry to hear the snow put a damper on your alone time...hopefully, you'll still find a little time to yourself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE this. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY creative on how you used these colors in the panels! Beautifully done, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Miriam! I like how you incorporate these colors in the panels. I seems to struggle with color challenges, that's why I only participate in sketch challenges. This was beautifully designed though. Sorry to hear about your crafty plans. Hopefully you'll still find a little time to get your craft on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cool. I love the color blocked panels in back of that succulent. Such a fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you did an excellent job -- literal or not! Plus, I love succulents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and creative! Love the panels! And, great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card...love your beautiful succulents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your arrangement of the plants is wonderful! I love the color panels behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic job of coloring this image. Such great depth and dimension! You ROCKED this color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to rock the inspiration :) love those bold stripes !

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful!
    I love how you did the blooms ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this. The color block background is so great with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love seeing how you turn inspiration into a card. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute card!! I love the different colored strips in the background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. FAB coloring of the succulents... I want that set!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry about the postponement of your night alone - I love this card and think you have brought those stamps to life and they do indeed look succulent and like living, beautiful things!!! Gorgeous work and I see the beauty that you create!!! Have an amazing day!!!

    ReplyDelete