Monday, February 9, 2015

This Year's Valentines



Thought I would quickly pop in and share the girls' valentines with you.

I feel like the older they are, the less time I spend on these.  Ha!



This year  Carina is in the Flamingos class, so earlier this year I picked up Reverse Confetti's Fabulous Flamingo set.  I also found these flamingo cupcake/pencil decorations.  Carina actually helped with these attaching all the decorations to the pencils, and then I added a really simple tag.

If anyone out there does not own a Lawn Fawn alphabet set you are missing out.  Milo's Alphas are my favorite.  I love how many extra letters there are, and this alpha (like all LF alphas) are designed for ease of use.  All of the stamps are the same height so you just line the stamps up, and the letters are perfectly aligned.



Ellie's class this year is the Adventurers.  This one was a little harder to figure out theme wise, but I happened upon these mini compasses and I thought they fit with the idea of adventure.  The Origami Map is stamped tone on tone, and I again used Milo's alphas for the sentiment.  The compass was adhered with a thin Zot.

So nothing earth shattering here, but if you're still stumped, or behind on Valentines (and if your school district is all anti-candy like mine), maybe this will give you some ideas.

Side note, at the last minute (after I did all the stamping) I got all anxious about the sentiment on the Flamingo valentines.  I kept thinking (and still kind of do) that it should be al-write as opposed to all write.  After asking Andrew about it he stated that 1) it's a pun and 2) this is for preschoolers.  So, I'm setting my OCD tendencies aside and calling it done.

25 comments:

  1. They are done!! Whew!! We have yet to do my son's and today will be spent making some for my granddaughters!! These are super fun ideas and so cool the way they fit each daughters class!! But then you are just such a clever creator so it was inspired!! Have an amazing week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are done!! Whew!! We have yet to do my son's and today will be spent making some for my granddaughters!! These are super fun ideas and so cool the way they fit each daughters class!! But then you are just such a clever creator so it was inspired!! Have an amazing week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your non-candy Valentine's gift project! So very clever! I thought it's still very sweet even if there's no actual sweet! :) And, I'll be sure to pass this to my sister as their school district is also very strict about these kind of things too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute. I love that you were able to personalize them to their classes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fun.. love who you used that flamingo..

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both very fun and creative!! All write works just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute classroom Valentines!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooooo cute! I love love love the flamingos and her cute card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun and creative!
    I think they're perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best momma ever...these are clever and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute Valentine...love the flamingo!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Miriam, way to work with the class names your kids are in! They both turned out perfectly, and so original! And leave it to the husbands to bring reality back into focus ... I always over-thought things for my pre-schoolers too : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome job, love the flamingo and LF sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. seriously, your the best mom in the world! I don't even do valentines! It helps that they don't really celebrate it here, but its just one more thing you have to do, and its over the top for me! I would totally end up buying something lame from the store. so really, you get top marks in my book! GO {Crafty} MOM!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They turned out so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so very fun for the girls' classes Miriam!! I totally agree on the LF Alphas--esp the Milo's. A staple. Hope they enjoy themselves,..I completely enjoy the puns & your OCD ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are one amazing mom! I love these sweet Valentine's just so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is what I miss...having little kids and using stamps to make projects. I guess I just have to live through you and your darling daughters! Their friends are so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hehe super cute valentines!! Love how you made them to match the class theme's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good for you calling it good. They're perfect, and so much better than a store bought Valentine! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete