Friday, October 30, 2015

Some more quick and easy Christmas cards

Super quick post today.

Wanted to share a couple other Christmas cards featuring Sizzix's Festive Scribbles dies.

For the first one I simply colored a piece of scrap paper with three shades of Copics, blending a bit, and then die cut the tree.  I added some red and gold enamel dots for ornaments and a gold sentiment die cut from Studio Calico, the secondary sentiment is also from one of their sets.

The second was even easier.  The star was die cut from gold foil cardstock.  I added just a bit of ink blending beneath it before I adhered it, and then a sentiment from Ellen Hutson's Brushstroke Christmas set.

Have a great Friday/Halloween (I still have to buy candy!!!!)!

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

MFT Sketch 252

Time for a new sketch from MFT!

I pulled out Santa's Elves again for this one, just love these guys.  

I stayed pretty true to the sketch this week, although I flipped the orientation.  A little tone on tone stamping adds some interest to the background.

Be sure to head over to the blog to see what the rest of the team created!

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Getting my Mixed Media On

I love trying new things and Mixed Media is one of my favorite genres to dabble in.

During my recent crafty get together, my friend Cheiron, who faithfully completes Tim Holtz's 12 tags each month, brought the supplies for me to create one of my own.  I chose the March 2015 tag.

It was so fun to try out some different products and techniques....even when I made a bottle of Ranger Distress Paint explode.....

Here's a link to the directions at Tim's blog if you want to try the project, and here's Cheiron's version.

I'm a little limited in supplies, but I think I'm going to try completing these each month.

Monday, October 26, 2015

Easiest Christmas Cards Ever

Sometimes all you need is a really great sentiment stamp.

These were so easy to create.  I used Dylusions Ink Sprays, two colors per card.

To create the effect, I sprayed the cardstock at the top of the panel, pointing the spray at an angle towards the center of the panel.  You want the majority of the spray to be off the panel, so that you're mostly getting secondary spray and you get that graduation in coverage towards the center.

The panel was then turned in the other direction and the other color of spray was used.

Once the panel was dry, the sentiment was stamped.

So so easy.

I adhered the sprayed panels to the black mat using liquid adhesive.  It's my go to adhesive when I have a panel that is warped.

Happy Monday!

Friday, October 23, 2015

Tribal Hello

I was SO excited to try out this Waffle Flower Crafts die last weekend.  I've been eyeing it for months.  Isn't it gorgeous?!  It's so unique, and I knew I needed to make something with it.

It's cut from a very subtle piece of patterned paper.  Then I chose some scraps and cut thin strips which were adhered to the back of the die.

The die is a full cover plate size, but since it's a bit busy I didn't want to put the sentiment over top, so I chose to adhere it at an angle, snipping away the excess.

The hello die is from Mama Elephant and was cut from some rose gold foiled paper.

Short and sweet today.  Have a GREAT weekend!

Thursday, October 22, 2015

MFT Color Challenge 32

Time for a new color challenge at MFT!

I wasn't sure about this one at first, but I actually really like the combination.  I think it would actually be really good for holiday cards, but I ended up pulling out one of my favorite dies.

Very CAS.  I popped up all the land parts and the heart for some extra dimension, and added a bit of white/kraft print from the Neutral Paper Pad to soften it a bit.

OK, head over to the blog to check out the rest of the team's projects.  Hope you will play along!

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

MFT Sketch 251

Wednesday means a new sketch from MFT!

I am loving the new Santa's Elves set, and I need more Christmas cards, so you might be seeing a lot of these elves in the near future.

This is pretty straightforward, I stuck to the sketch and colored the images with Coppices.  I did add an embossed panel using the Proof Positive coverplate to add a little texture/interest to the background.

Please pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the team made!