Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Neat & Tangled / Hemptique Collaboration



This month Neat & Tangled is collaborating with Hemptique!  We're showcasing cards created using Hemptique products on Tuesday throughout the month.

Hemptique makes my favorite twine, but they also have some other products that you might not be familiar with.

My cards today feature their hemp paper.  It's really beautiful paper with a wonderful texture, and I wanted to see how it worked with my dies.

I used the Gardenia Blooms Journaling Card die, and I was really happy with how well the paper held up since it's a little bit softer than regular cardstock.  I also loved how well the embossed lines show on the paper.

To create some textural contrast, I also cut the card from some insulation pink cardstock.  Leaving the pieces intact (in the insulation pink cut), I colored the inlaid pieces with Copics and then transferred them into my hemp paper die cut.



I stamped the sentiment, from the Gardenia Blooms Journaling Card stamp set, and then adhered it to the card over a cardstock and then vellum mat.  I love how the vellum softens everything.

Then I figured I would put all those negative pieces from my hemp paper die cut to good use.  I inlaid them into a steel gray cut, adding a sentiment from the Maple Leaves Journaling Card stamp set.



I love the dramatic look and again the contrast between the regular cardstock and the hemp paper.  This one is super CAS, just popped up on my base.



Be sure to stop by the Neat & Tangled blog to see what today's other designers are creating and to leave a comment.  We'll be picking a lucky someone who comments this month to win a Hemptique prize pack.

One last thing, today is the last day to enter my Neat & Tangled giveaway on this post.  I really appreciate all the shares so far!

14 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! LOVING those flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards,and I do love the textural difference between the two cardstocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both fabulous cards Miriam and the texture on the first card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards--I like how you were able to make two cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely cards. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both amazing!! I really love the soft and pretty look with the top card and then you have the sleek design with the clean style for the second...equally amazing!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creations, Miriam! I love it when you used this die. I shall share your Craftsy class this Saturday over my blog. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That paper is delish! Great call to use it as an inlay! One that I would definitely want to touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful, Miriam! That first one is ever so dreamy, and I love the monochromatic take on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning cards, Miriam! That hemp paper is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are sooooo pretty AND COOL!! A very difficult combo in my book! I completely enjoy how you colored and then inlaid that first card--so so much. :) and the 2nd 's simplicity is what makes it shine. Cool paper for sure :)

    ReplyDelete