Wednesday, May 10, 2017

(Grand) Mother's Day Dinner


I scrapbooked!  Actually it's not that bad, I've been scrapbooking semi-regularly of late.  I'm trying to finish up our vacation scrapbook from last year.  My goal is to have it done before we leave for vacation this summer.  I should be able to do it.  I'm about halfway through the trip right now.

Anyway, Saturday was National Scrapbook Day.  I love NSD because although I don't normally get to do a ton of scrapbooking on the actual day due to running kids all over the place, there are always lots of challenges and inspiration (and giveaways) to enter.  The good news is that several of the challenges give you a week or so to enter which is often a great jump-start for my scrapping.

This year I won't be able to get as many challenges done because I'm forcing myself to work in a vacation layout between challenge layouts, but here is my first challenge layout.

For this layout I pulled out a bunch of my Neat & Tangled dies.  The background was created using the largest of the dies from the Triangle Pattern Builder set.  I cut the triangles from white cardstock as well as a seriously old Teresa Collins print.  The patterned paper has a bit of texture to it which adds some extra dimension.  The triangles were arranged in a quilt pattern with some of the triangle pieces missing/blank.



Once the background was complete, I added the photos/mats.  The title was created using my Journaling Alpha and Number dies and adhesive foam.  I popped the title piece up so I could slip the tag (Classic Tag 1 from Neat & Tangled) which was cut from another piece of that Teresa Collins (Tell Your Story) collection behind it.




I'm linking this up with challenges at Studio Calico, Big Picture Classes and Scrapbook.com.  Hoping to get a few more done before the challenges all close. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful layout and your photos are as sweet as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and sweet layout Miriam!
    Of course, i just love that little pocket you created ;-))

    ReplyDelete