Monday, May 15, 2017

Succulents and Alcohol



Hey guys, I'm over on the Neat & Tangled blog today sharing this card featuring the newly released Succulent Cover Plate.

This was really quick and easy to put together.  To create the background I used alcohol inks on photo paper.  I have a Canon Selphy, and I just use the individual sheets when I want to use alcohol inks on my cards.  This incorporated just two colors:  Sail Boat Blue and Citrus.

Playing with alcohol inks is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're going to end up with, but usually it's pretty cool.  Basically, I eyeballed where the flowers were going to be and then put down some ink.  I did this kind of in a swirl, and then added the second color, mixing and adding a touch of color where I felt like it needed it.

Once I was happy with the panel, I was able to go ahead and complete the card as alcohol inks dry almost instantaneously.



I cut the cover plate from white cardstock, and kept just the webbing and the negative space pieces on the inside.  In terms of adhering, I just made sure to add adhesive to the inlaid pieces and the outlines and didn't worry about all those delicate inside lines.  Alcohol inks have a bit of tackiness to them when dried, so that helped, and I like a bit of extra dimension as well.

The sentiment is from Scandinavian Prints.

One more thing before you go.  In case you didn't know, There's a big sale going on over at Ellen Hutson that runs through tomorrow, 20% off everything in the store, just use code momsday17.



I've linked the products that I used in this card below, but my affiliate link is also in the sidebar.  Happy Shopping!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun process and great choices for that cover plate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background is so COOL!! Really nice card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to use my stacks of photo paper since I don't scrapbook like I should 😔 Love the results!!

    ReplyDelete