Thursday, June 21, 2018

Spellbinders Nordic Blooms Dies


He everyone!  Today I'm working with Lene Lok's Nordic Blooms dies from her Folk Art collection for Spellbinders.  I used this set a couple months ago during Spellbinders' April blog hop and wanted to give it another whirl.

For this first card I wanted to get an inlaid wood effect.  I cut a panel of wood veneer paper in a cherry shade and then die cut my flowers and stems.  I also die cut the same pieces from my lighter birch veneer.  These lighter pieces were colored with Copics.  I love how the color is really toned down and muted when you do this.


Those pieces were then inlaid into the cherry panel.  I also very carefully used a light brown color to add a bit line of color around the edges of the panel and the inlaid images to set them off a bit, kind of how I will outline images with my C1 Copic marker when coloring with Copics.

The sentiment is from Altenew's Ditsy Print set.

Since I had those cherry veneer flower/stem pieces that were cut from the panel in the above card, I thought I should put them to good use.


Very simple and straightforward, I simply adhered the pieces to a panel of Rustic White cardstock, and then added a couple patterned paper mats (ages old BasicGrey Persimmon collection) and a sentiment (Neat & Tangled's So Many Sentiments set).


I think the wood veneer adds such a wonderful rustic feel to these dies!

I am actually giving away a set of these dies over on my Instagram account (@mprantner), so be sure to head over there to enter. 

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. That wood grain looks awesome...love look it creates with these flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the different looks you have created with the positive and negative die cuts.

    ReplyDelete