Sunday, March 8, 2020

Spellbinders Modern Essentials Collection


Hi everyone!  Today I'm sharing a few cards created using some of the new Modern Essentials dies from Spellbinders.  

There are some wonderfully versatile dies in this line, including a number of sets of basic nested shapes which include dies that cut both your basic shapes as well as ones which cut inlaid dots in those shapes.  There are also word sentiments that cut both the word as well as the word with textured lines.   

Today I'm showing off the Squares Etched Dies as well as the Bold Type Smile Etched Dies.

For this first card, I wanted to use the dots for stitching.  I used the second smallest dot square, cutting it four times on a panel, lining it up with the square next to it each time to create a grid.


Then I used embroidering floss to stitch a very simple basic pattern.  I used the solid sentiment die for my primary sentiment and added a secondary sentiment from an old Studio Calico set.


Next, I nested all of the dies together on a panel and ran the whole thing through my die cut machine.  This created a series of frames with a square of dots in the center of the frame.


I cut four squares of colored cardstock, which I layered underneath the squares in succession.  For some extra interest, every other frame was popped up with foam tape.


For this card, I used the textured sentiment, but I inked my paper with Versamark and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder before I die cut it. 

Finally, I used the dies to add some great background texture to a card.


For this card, I cut a panel of kraft cardstock, and then dry embossed it using all of the dies.  I didn't place them perfectly, but left them a bit wonky.  You see the texture much more clearly in this detail shot:


The card was finished off with some of the dies from last year's October Large Die of the Month kit, and I added clear Nuvo drops to the the little berries for some additional texture.

That's all for me today.  Be sure to check out the rest of the new Modern Essentials dies over at Spellbinders.

No comments:

Post a Comment