Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thanks for SPARKS Anything Goes Challenge


It's another Anything Goes week for Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge, and this really is an Anything Goes card for me as I stamped on paper towel for this one.  What do you think?  Weird, or cool?  I've got mixed feelings on this one, but I think it's kind of cool.

I used pigment inks from CTMH for the flowers/leaves and Smokey Grey Versafine for the sentiment.    You really need to use pigment inks because dye inks will bleed too much.

The paper towel is pretty sheer, so I added a piece of white cardstock behind, cut just a bit smaller.

Short and sweet today.  We are finally getting back to a 'normal' routine after our snowfall this week. Schools are open today albeit two hours late.  Hope that you are having a great day!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Avery Elle - Kraft and White Cardstock; Paper Towel
Stamps:  Paper Smooches - Calico and Simply Said
Ink:  CTMH - Adventure Mini Pigment Ink Pads; Versafine - Smokey Grey
Other:  Tombow - Mono Adhesive

18 comments:

  1. paper towel well that is just too clever and totally gorgeous.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first glanced at it I thought it was a dry embossed panel and then I was wait, is that a paper towel? Love how the inks sit on the paper towel and don't go all crazy/messy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun technique, Miriam! I never would have thought to do that, and it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the texture the paper towel gives...very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! I thought it was a quilt block at first glance. The paper towel looks like an old piece of cloth. Where did you get this idea from? It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw the tiny version of this come up, I thought...how in the world did she get that pretty quilted look?!? How cool...and I love how soft the flowers look on it, too! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clever of you, Miriam! Looks like a little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is pretty cool! I thought it was a letter press of some sort at first glance. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok that's thinking outside the box. I like it. I wonder if it would less up cycled with a different card base? But there is a whole market for this. You can call it the clean up collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I gasped as soon as I saw your card! Paper towel stamping? Awesome results, Miriam!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tis is very fun! I love experimenting with different household materials. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, how COOL is this! I love your stamping on the paper towel!! The textures and images give out that homey feeling! You are so creative, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's soo cool - the texture from the papertowel is perfect backing for those flowers! Love your card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think its really neat! The quilted texture/piercing perfectly suits the floral stamping. You are so good at thinking outside the box... (in this case--Kleenex!).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well i like it!! So cool and unique!! Awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Um, yeah, Mim, this one is cool! No question about it! I love your unique designs! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so clever and what a fabulous idea! I love the way your images look stamped on the paper towel, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! Positively genius...it looks like quilted fabric!

    ReplyDelete