Saturday, February 16, 2013

Castles in the Sand

***For the Made with Love Blog Hop click here


As you all know, I love the quilted look, and today I applied it to a layout as opposed to a card.  These photos are from our vacation this past summer.

The photos are 3" x 3" and the strips of paper are 3/8" wide.  I inked the edges of each, and I ran them all through my Xyron 5" Creative Station - this makes assembly much easier since you can assemble all at once, without having to stop to add adhesive. 

I assembled the quilted portion on a piece of white cardstock, trimmed the edges, and then adhered the entire piece to the layout base.  It looks complicated, but it's actually pretty simple to put together.  It's also a great technique to use with scraps.

Oh and a quick update for you guys on our Chinese New Year shopping. I took Carina on Wednesday.  I thought we would wander around for hours with no rhyme or reason, but when I asked her what she wanted to get, she said very specifically "puzzles and colors".  So, we went straight to the puzzles.  She got a set of Minnie puzzles and a set of Doc McStuffins ones. Then to the Crayola section with a small detour to the cars so she could get an orange hot wheel "like Ellie".  She picked out some pipsqueak markers and a Hello Kitty coloring book....not a bad haul for her $25.

When we got home Ellie looked at it all and said "How come Carina got so much stuff?" It was a good opportunity to discuss how some things are more expensive and some less.....wonder if she will still go for the expensive next time....

Hope your weekend is off to a great start!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  American Crafts - Amy Tangerine Sketchbook; CTMH - White Cardstock
Ink:  CTMH - Black
Other:  American Crafts - Black Amy Tangerine Sketchbook Journal Foam Thickers; Doodlebug Designs - Beetle Black Teensy Type Cardstock Stickers; Xyron - 5" Creative Station; Pigma - Black Micron Pen; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

14 comments:

  1. Love love love love your lo!! I loveeeeeeeeeee how you framed each photo!!! So beautiful!! And loving that she chose a lot with her money!!! That's what I have told the kids too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your log cabin quilt page is sweet. I loved reading the story, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a darling grid design, Miriam! LOVE how you're background treatment appears as though it's water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright coloured papers used to create frames Miriam! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt look! I was a sewist (hate to call it sewer, lol) before I was a paper crafter, so I love to see quilt type techniques used on paper:) So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i love this...those little frames are too cute...great layout..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you used the log cabin pattern to build your page Miriam. It's a super sweet and beautiful layout. Thanks also for sharing about your girls...precious. They'll do good, they have such a good Mama...

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous LO! Love the colors and of course the cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun layout. I love all the fun papers, which really brings out the feel of this design...a fun day at the beach, playing in the sand. A great memory to document! Well done Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable, Miriam! Love how you used the colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You totally captured the look of a quilt on here, Miriam! I love all of the blocks of color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet! I love the colors and quilted look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so inspiring! That would make a cool card too!

    ReplyDelete