Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ellie Lou Who

 
This is one of my favorite older pictures of Ellie. 

She was about 16 months old and was playing in her crib.  I love the photo because it so captures her.  She has always been a bit pensive, serious, internal, a look before you leap kind of girl. 

I pulled out my GCD Sweet Tooth papers for this layout.  You've seen me use this collection a lot in the past, but today there is no pink!  Love that the collection is so versatile.  Those circle borders are actually part of an allover pattern, but I thought it was perfect for some fussy cutting. 

There are lots of  strips/borders on this layout, so to make life easier, I sent all of them through my Xyron 5" creative station - made assembly a snap.

The thickers were altered to better match the layout.  They are normally a really light colored wood.  I used a Spectrum Noir marker to get a darker color.

e="margin-left: 1em; margin-right: 1em;">

I really wanted the photo to be the focus of the layout, so the journaling is hidden on a tag behind the photo.  I cut an extra circle element and attached it to the top of the tag with dimensional foam tape.  The tape acts as a stopper, preventing you from pushing the tag all the way underneath the photo.





Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  GCD Studios - Sweet Tooth Collection; CTMH - White Daisy and Chocolate cardstock
Other:  Amy Tangerine - Muse Thickers; Spectrum Noir - TN8 marker; Xyron - 5" Creative Station; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; CTMH - Dimensional Foam Tape

14 comments:

  1. Really fun layout Miriam, I really love this colour combo and the wooden thickers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ADORABLE!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee that photo, the colors and all the circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really, really good! You've got the right combination-----terrific photo and creative genes. :-) PS I like the hidden journaling, too. -Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SUCH a sweet photo! And the blues in your layout are perfect for it! Very nice page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww your little one is SO adorable... your girls are so sweet Miriam.. love your layout..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet, sweet page, Miriam. I love all of the fun circles! Thank you for the tip on using the foam tape. I usually add a button and slide it over the edge of the photo. I'll have to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww just so sweet Miriam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Miriam! This is adorable!!!! She's soooo cute!!!! Love the colors and pattern combinations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. my goodness she's a-dor-a-ble!!! love the cas layout and those fab alphas. the hide-away journaling is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a doll, Miriam! LOVE this page, and what you've done with those alphas is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww this is so sweet. Love the photo and adorable page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my adorableness! She's such a sweetie! I love the circles and dark thickers, beautiful LO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a darling photo and your beautiful page perfectly showcases it.
    I also love what you did with the journaling! brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete