Saturday, February 9, 2013

This Year's Valentines

 
 
Thought I would quickly pop in to show you guys the Valentines the girls will be sharing with their friends on Thursday.  My goal for Valentines is not to spend a ton of time on them, but to make something that they (or at least Ellie) can help with and be excited about taking in.  I think these fit the bill.

You've probably seen the one on the left on the web/pinterest already, but since Ellie's Kindergarten class is the Goldfish, it just didn't seem right not to make those.

To create the fishbowl, I used the free printable found here, and then added some text in Powerpoint.  I cut them out, and Ellie colored them.  She also addressed them on the backside.  The little bags I found at Tuesday Morning, and I added just a bit of twine to seal it off.

The valentine on the right is for Carina's class.  Carina is always wanting to glue things, so I thought it would be a great idea for her friends.  I created them in Powerpoint, and the JPEG version is below if you want to use it.  The glue stick is held on with a glue dot, and I added some twine that is strung through the back of the valentine just for show.



Hope that your Valentine preparations are going smoothly!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are sooooooo cute! So perfectly cute and appropriate and...I'm gonna run and show my friend this post. :-) -Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously adorable! My girls would love both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously adorable! My girls would love both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMYGOSH!! Toooooooooo cute!! I am LOVING that fish bowl!!! I want that!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever! BTW I awarded you a Liebster award. Check it out on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! My kiddos are hoping to work on theirs this afternoon ;).

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so sweet! I love the goldfish bowl...and that your lil one loves to glue things :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a COOL idea! Love the non-candy treat for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are perfect Vday treats for the girls! I like that E helped color hers too-and the glue stick heart is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Miriam, these are so adorable!!! Love your glue stick valentine, how original!! Plus if you are thinking ahead in the fall you could probably pick these up pretty cheaply. Pinning this one, for sure.

    ReplyDelete