Tuesday, April 7, 2015

True Friends




Hey everyone!  It's my turn on the Neat & Tangled blog today.

My card features the Scandinavian Flowers set

I started by painting a light circle on some watercolor cardstock.  Once that was dry, I stamped the image in Smokey Grey Versafine.  The grass and flowers were lightly colored with Inktense pencils and then I used a thin brush to add water and soften the coloring.

I added a couple thin strips of patterned vellum and cardstock as well as a bit of doily on the left side and stitched them down with some gold thread.  A few gold and crystal clear sequins finished off the panel.




For the mat, I used a piece of paper from Cosmo Cricket's Simple Surfaces pad beneath some vellum to soften it.  Then the stamped panel was popped up with foam adhesive.

That's all for me today!  Oh, and if you didn't see, the N&T store was restocked over the weekend, out of stock dies are back in (including Dala Horse and Origami Map), and Lucy's sequin mixes are back too!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Cosmo Cricket - Simple Surfaces 12x12 pad; Recollections - Vellum; PTI - Berry Sorbet Cardstock; MFT - Kraft cardstock; Strathmore - Watercolor Paper
Stamps:  Neat & Tangled Scandinavian Flowers
Ink:  Smokey Grey Versafine
Other:  Derwent - Inktense pencils; Neat & Tangled - Gold and Crystal Clear Sequins; Misc doily; CTMH - Liquid Glass; Scotch - Foam Adhesive; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the bit of doily peeking at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only do I love the image and colors, but the bit of doily and stitching are fabulous too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww what a pretty card.. totally love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your design on this card and all the wonderful details like your painted circle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet, and I'm totally digging the little hint of doily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many wonderful details to create a lovely card. That watercolor circle background is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the painted circle and lovely flowers! And, great touch with the vellum, doily, and gold stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooooooooo beautiful! LOVING that sentiment!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the subtle watercolor circle...it puts the image front and center in such a beautiful, gently way. I definitely need to at some N&T to my collection! Thanks so much for your visits and kind encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sentiment!! Gorgeous blooms, amazing details, incredible gold stitching - these all combine to make this a super awesome and unbelievably fantastic card!! Love it and its' softness and beauty!! Have a wonderfully happy and peaceful week!!! Loved seeing your daughters in their beautiful Easter clothes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet...love your subtle flowers, so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The coloring turned out great! I like the added accents down the left too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love all of the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This simply oozes elegance, Miriam! Such a soft, pretty palette, and your details are FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So so beautiful!! I love your design with the dimension and layers!! That friendship sentiment is really precious! :) Don't know if you play in challenges or not, but this would fit perfectly with our "friendship" challenge over at Tuesday Throwdown in you're interested! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one that I bet delights even further in person! All those details! Looooove your details! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!!! I love the flowers and the added touches of paper strips and doily!!!

    ReplyDelete