Thursday, October 10, 2019

SSS Cheer & Joy Collection


Have you guys seen the Cheer & Joy release from Simon Says Stamp?  You can guess from the title of the collection that it's all about the holidays.  Today I'm featuring three cards using one of the sentiments from the Holiday Greetings Mix 1 set. 

I really love the sentiments in this set and had a hard time choosing which one to use first, but I love the delicate foliage around the merry sentiment, so I decided this was the one.

I decided to show off three different looks for this set, coloring it three ways.  For the first card, just some basic Copic coloring.



The colors used were YG05, G14, G17, R35, and R37.

Next up, colored pencils on kraft.


I started by stamping the sentiment/image with a very light ink, and then colored with my Prismacolor pencils.


Once I was done, I stamped again (I had left the stamp in place on my MISTI) with Versamark and embossed in gold.

Finally, watercoloring. 


This time the image was stamped with Versafine on some watercolor paper.  

Then I added loose watercoloring to the images as well as a very loose wash around the entire sentiment.


Once the panel was dry, it was popped up over my kraft card base.

Thanks so much for visiting, you definitely want to head over to SSS to check out the rest of the release!

No comments:

Post a Comment