Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Spellbinders Scenic Snapshots Collection


Hi all!  Hope that your week is off to a good start.  

Today I'm sharing a couple cards created using two sets from Spellbinders' Scenic Snapshots Collection.  This is a really fun collection that coordinates with the Santa's Workshop Dies (a cloche with a wintry scene inside), but each set can be used on their own as I'm showing here.

I'm sometimes intimidated by scene building with dies, but these make it very easy since they are on a small scale, and it's a great way to use some of those cardstock scraps you've been collecting.

My first card features the Harvestime Snapshot set.  


I started by die cutting all the pieces and 'pre assembling' the barn and the last three layers of landscape.

I used the sun rays as a guide to create a mask for my inking, placing the die cut on a scrap piece of cardstock and tracing around the curvature and down a bit, and then cutting that opening out.

The sky was created using a blending brush and some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.


I then assembled the majority of the panel, adhering the sun, the last three layers of background and the barn.  After stamping the sentiment (from Simon Says Stamp's Healing Hugs set), the first layer of landscape was adhered with some foam adhesive for a bit of dimension.

My second card features the Adventure Time Snapshots set, and I went in a whole different direction colorwise with this card.


I really love the black and white monochromatic look, and, again using scraps, cut all the pieces for my scene from gray, black, and white cardstock.

I used the same mask I created for the last card, this time inking with Black Soot Distress Ink.



The assembly process was similar to the last card, but this time I popped up both layers of 'ground' as well as the tent.  The sentiment is actually from a Christmas set, Hello Bluebird's Typed Christmas set. 

That's all for me today.  Would love to know which you prefer, color or black and white?

No comments:

Post a Comment