Tuesday, April 2, 2013

i miss you


Quick post today to share a card a really quick, CAS card.

The base is Whisper cardstock that was sanded down a little to lighten it up and add some texture.

The rectangles are pieces of vellum that I added color to using sponge daubers.  I wanted the colors to really stand out, so I also cut white pieces of cardstock in the same size and added color to those too. 

The sentiment is from the Say it in Style set.

This was a really quick and easy card to make.  You could very easily change up the colors and sentiments and create a set of all occasion cards. 

I'm going to be linking up over at Simon Says Stamp because it's Anything Goes week (I love Anything Goes week). 

Thanks for coming by and for sharing my excitement from yesterday!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - Whisper and White Daisy cardstock; Recollections - Vellum
Stamps:  CTMH - Say it in Style
Ink:  CTMH - Lagoon, Sky, Ruby, Garden Green
Other:  CTMH - Sponge Daubers; Tombow - Mono and Vellum Adhesive

19 comments:

  1. Love it!! So CAS and versatile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS and perfect for any occasion! Great design Miriam...and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you're probably going to think this comment is a bit strange, but, here goes. I think this card is so achingly sad. It is beautiful, yet almost gives out an empty yearning emotion when I look at it. It is so completely perfect and fitting for the sentiment that it conveys. I think that's what true art does - this one really moves me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful...the ink on the vellum looks FAB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have guessed those blocks were vellum. Love the look, and your card, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is FANTASTIC. The colored vellum is unique because of the sponging and it really adds depth to the card. I like how you softened the card base with sanding, too. Beautiful job. I'm getting off the computer now so I can go make one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree with Taheerah ... what a perfect sentiment to put with this card. It's empty, yet still interesting with the depth of color you added. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and striking card! So cool how you used the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So simple yet is says so much! Love this CAS card!Perhaps it's the shades of colors that leave an abstract impression? That sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card!! I would never have guessed that is vellum! Love it!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh, love the color blocks. And the vellum-gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, Miriam! I love the design of it-- so clean!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful! You have such fun with mixed media ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this, Miriam! You've actually helped me out on my PR project. I was struggling a bit with a panel I was working on...saw this and thought...THAT's what I need to do...break it up into tiles! All better now! Thanks for your inspiration! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so simple and gorgeous...what a great finish you've showcased here with the sponge daubers & vellum, I want to try that!

    ReplyDelete