Tuesday, July 30, 2013

One last Two Peas CHA layout



Finished up one more layout for the Two Peas CHA challenges.  This one is a two-fer, for Challenges #5 - Five senses and #9 - Nine older pieces.

This is actually a layout I have been contemplating for a long time, and it fit in perfectly with the senses challenge.  You needed to create a layout using one or more of the senses as a jumping off point.  Carina is like all kids, what she says and what she means to say are often not the same thing.  We love these 'Carina-isms' and while I'd love to get them all recorded on video, I often don't have my phone/video camera with me, and she is also at that age where she doesn't necessarily want to cooperate with my picture/video taking.  So, I thought I would create a layout to record some of our current favorite Carina-isms.

I'm also using lots of old in this layout.  I have a bad habit of buying tons of thickers and washi tape and not being particularly good about using them.  So I'm redeeming myself with this layout and giving some overlooked supplies the opportunity to shine.


I used Avery Elle's Oh Hello stamp set to create the speech rectangle and I fussy cut around Carina in the photo and off set her a bit to create some dimension/shadow.  That photo totally cracks me up.  It's actually from Christmas and she was looking up at the tree, but it was perfect for this layout.

Oh, and just in case you're wondering what these all mean, here's the key:
ronstront = restaurant
lello = yello
squhlah = squirrel
klidz klub = kidz klub (the childcare at our gym)
Aw, Man = Amen (at the end of the sung 'God our Father' prayer)
fat man! = Batman! (preceded by many na na na na nas)

Have a great day!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Studio Calico - Snippets, CTMH - Slate
Stamps:  Avery Elle - Oh Hello
Ink:  Hero Arts - Soft Granite
Other:  American Crafts Thickers - Journal, Nutmeg, Muse, Delight, Basics, and Lovely, Black 01 Precision Point pen; Misc Washi Tapes; Pilot Envelope Address Writing Gel Ink Pen - Fine

14 comments:

  1. Adorable!! LOVING that silhouette photo and the washi tape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun idea, Miriam! LOVE the coordinating Thickers and Washi! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I love how you did the words and washi tape!! And the cutting of the picture! That is way cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO FUN!!! Love this layout to bits, Miriam!! What a creative way to have all these 'isms in a speech bubble, but not really in a huge, round, overwhelming bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is this, Miriam!?!?! I love how you created a silhouette from the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! I'm still smiling after reading your post, your Carina is adorable! Love how you used different fonts for each word.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your page and how you went about designing it.
    Great use of washi tape and love the various letters you used!
    Thanks Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! Love that you captured all these Carina-isms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable lettering and design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun layout, Miriam!
    And that kit in the next post looks super-- can't wait to see what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carina-isms? I LOVE that! What a fun layout and yay for using your Thickers and washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so cute Miriam! i love the colored 'lines' of washi and alphas...and the offset detail cutting of her photo, creates the perfect 'shadow' to help her pretty face stand out even more. It's a great photo...such a cute expression.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great thing to scrap...trust me...you think you'll never forget all those adorable things they say...but as you get older...you DO!!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete