Monday, December 2, 2013

Thoughts and Prayers - and a BIG sale


I do so love the watercolor look, and I love how easy it is to achieve.

This card was a really quick and easy one to put together.  I used watercolor paper (and I get mine in the kids art department at Target....it's part of the Kid Made Modern line and it's a seriously great buy.    20 sheets for something like $3.99.  It's thick stuff too!

Anyway, all I did to create the background was cut the panel, then brush water onto the center portion, and then apply ink distress ink that I had pressed onto an acrylic block.  The center panel is a little softer and more even.  For that, I pressed my two colors of ink on to a block, spritzed it with water liberally and then pressed it to my paper and kind of swiped it across.  Then I just cut a portion of it out for the sentiment.

The sentiment is Verve and I added a little May Arts burlap string and American Crafts sheer ribbon to finish it off.



Speaking of ribbon, I mentioned a big sale, right?  Well, there's a BIG sale going on at Ribbon Carousel, half off carousels!  If you've been wanting one, now is THE time to get one, head over here to check it out!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Kid Made Modern Watercolor Paper from Target; Bazzill - Robin's Egg Card Shoppe Cardstock
Stamps:  Verve - Wonderfully Made
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn and Salty Ocean
Other:  May Arts - White Burlap String; American Crafts - Sheer Ribbon; CTMH - Dimensional Foam Tape; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

16 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! LOVING the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a simple and elegant card, Miriam. Love your beautiful water coloring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors that you chose for the water colors!! Totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card! I love blues and greens together-it reminds me of green grass and blue sky summers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pretty...gorgeous colors...awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! Juts beautiful Miriam!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful!! Love your water coloring! And great idea to buy the paper in kid's section.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Miriam! Really love that yummy, blue and green, color wash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love how you off set a panel behind the sentiment panel!! Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, Miriam! I love the look of watercolor, too. And thanks for the heads up on that paper--that's a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow- that's lovely! Will check out that sentiment too- that'd be so useful. Love the watercolour- mine just looks splodged when I try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Art. True Art, friend. God has blessed you richly with talent. :-) -B

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always . . . love it when you paint!

    ReplyDelete
  14. excuse me...this is pretty freakin' awesome!!!!!!!!! pinned!

    ReplyDelete