Saturday, April 4, 2020

SSS United We Craft Blog Party


Happy Saturday!  Today I'm taking part in a blog party to celebrate Simon Says Stamp.  Because of the current situation, they've had to stop shipping, which is a pretty big bummer, so today we're celebrating Simon and showing off projects using their previously released products.

I decided to pull out one of my favorite stencils, Abstract Triangle, and create a couple of simple backgrounds using masking.


I started by cutting a panel of white cardstock and taping it to my stencil using washi tape.  Then I picked out some coordinating Distress Ink:  Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire, Shaded Lilac, and Dusty Concord.  I used Post-It tape to mask off a discrete triangle within the stencil, and blending ink onto that area.


I repeated this process across the panel, working from lighter to darker and more intense colors. For a sentiment, I pulled out the Healing Hugs sentiment set.  These sentiments are meant for get well cards, but I thought this sentiment was perfect for this season where we're all missing each other and trying to stay healthy.


I had so much fun creating this first panel, that I decided to create another card.  This time I used Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Carved Pumpkin, Festive Berries, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Evergreen Bough.  I started by inking the entire panel with Scattered Straw, and then went in with the Post-It tape to ink specific areas.


I again went from lightest to darkest, using the greens for triangles that were right side up, and the oranges for upside down triangles.  Once I had the basic design complete, I added a couple of small triangles with the colored reversed, so a few dark orange right side up and a some dark green upside down.


The sentiment is again from the Healing Hugs set and was stamped on one of the Skinny Strips dies from Neat & Tangled.

These panels were so easy and fun to make, and what I love about this technique with this stencil is that there is no end to the variations you can create.

Be sure to head over to the Simon Says Stamp blog today to check out all the different creatives participating in the blog party. 

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks to you and Simon Says Stamp for inspiring me as we stay in and flatten the curve. 🏡💙

    ReplyDelete